Saturday Night Dutch Oven Chili Beans....PRON

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Well, I spent most of the morning and afternoon moving my woodpile from the side of the house to back behind the shed. There is concrete back there and I'm planning on putting down about 15 yards of concrete all along the side of the house in the spring, so I figured I might as well move it now. I had some pieces that the critters had gotten to and some silver maple and plum that I no longer was using in the smoker. SO, I decided to get the firepit going. Don't know about you guys, but I find it sinful to waste a good fire. Hence, the dutch ovens.
Some bad news, one of the ovens and the lid fell from the counter onto the tile floor. I was expecting to see a busted tile or at least a bad chip. Go figure, the lid was the one that took the hit and cracked. I was pissed that it cracked, but relieved that our tile was spared.
2894569104_2e0e58a894_o.jpg

The new pecan pile.
2894569116_7375645440_o.jpg

Cracked lid. I'm amazed it didn't split in two.
2894569122_40ebeae565_o.jpg

Beans a boiling.
2894569130_7a9e08f2de_o.jpg

UDS computer desk.
2894581538_49ddacab6f_o.jpg

Beans done, browning the meat.
2894581540_68abe71950_o.jpg

Now it's time to EAT!

Everything looks great!!!!!!!

wow the chilie looks great you really have a nice set-up. Ps drill a small hole at the end of the crack an put a sheet metal screw in it that should stop the crack

Dangit. Now I've got another thing I have to visualize when I'm home shopping. I love that fire pit. Every house me and my wife look at, I always go staright to the back yard to see where I'm building my smokehouse. Now I gotta add the firepit to it.

Thanks.:mrgreen:

Them some damn good looking beans, and I also love the firepit!

Now I have to look for a spot for a fire pit - yous is inspirational!
Oh yeah - the chili looks good too.

SWEET!

Nuttin better than Chili over a fire, very nice brother. :eusa_clap

That UDS laptop table is the chit man ... with your laptop on it :wink:

Compliments to the chef!!!

Good looking chili I have to pull out the Lodge cast iron myself. Nothing like it

Thanks everyone. With fall weather setting in, that pit will be getting a good deal of use during the winter as well. I would highly recommend one in your backyard. Great for parties too. Next item on the welding list is an expanded metal cooking grate I can lay across the top.
It took me about two weeks (off and on) to build from the welding of the cross bars to rock and cement work.
I had some chili for lunch and dinner today, and for some reason I fond myself a bit gassy!!:shock:

Next item on the welding list is an expanded metal cooking grate I can lay across the top.
It took me about two weeks (off and on) to build from the welding of the cross bars to rock and cement work.
I had some chili for lunch and dinner today, and for some reason I fond myself a bit gassy!!:shock:

Nice!!!

I would use 1/2 inch rebar on 1 inch centers instead of expanded metal, much cheaper and will last a life time, but then that is just me because I used that in the fire basket design after the protype expanded metal burned out way too soon.

Awesome setup! You've got me thinking about doing this with my firepit in the backyard now. My wife has been begging me to find some dutch ovens for her. Great job!!!

Back