View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #213
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
Don't get caught up on the " tastes better" concept... totally subjective and of the opinion of less than a half-dozen people who have posted. I think it's a bit too soon for a PBC to totally take the throne away from a UDS (even though a PBC is basically just one persons variation of a UDS)

"tastes Different".. I can buy that, but " tastes better" ??... depends who is doing the cooking and tasting.
Agreed. Although I'm not one of them, some folks don't like the raised direct / open pit barbecue flavor you get from a full-size BDS / UDS cooker. That said, before getting my drums I got into raised direct cooking on my Egg, and now I also have a third option to cook raised direct on my Smokey Joe Tallboy.... in raised direct set-up, all three cookers deliver a slightly different flavor to the meat as well as a different smell out of the top vent.

So,...... One man's sweet spot might not be another man's sweet spot.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote