• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Class Sledneck rib slicing success

I understand judge 6 cant score it for taste and tenderness but appearance is appearance. The other 5 got to look at it and judge it.

I agree with this. All 6 judges can fairly assess the appearance. One judge cannot assess taste and tenderness. A better scoring would be 9,1,1 for judge 6 that did not get a sample, with the other 5 judges scoring as normal. I think this is more in line with the offense.

I agree with this. All 6 judges can fairly assess the appearance. One judge cannot assess taste and tenderness. A better scoring would be 9,1,1 for judge 6 that did not get a sample, with the other 5 judges scoring as normal. I think this is more in line with the offense.

are you saying you would of given me a 9 in appearance?:mrgreen:

I had given him a 4 so the drop to a 1 wasn't that big of a deal.

Don't let the picture fool you.

thats a fair point. Keep coming up with these sensible ideas and your name may end up on Scottie and Todd's radar for BoD candidates

exactly my point.

el corazon 2013!!!

Appearance pfffT. Boogiesnap can verify this. I thought my chicken was the fuggliest ive ever turned in. I got (6) 9s,.
2012-09-30_11-55-57_984.jpg

somebody told be there was a table with only 5 judges. if I ended up on that table would my ribs have passed?

i don't think so because that is not the rule as written( six portions), but would be interesting to know how it would've been handled.

Appearance pfffT. Boogiesnap can verify this. I thought my chicken was the fuggliest ive ever turned in. I got (6) 9s,.

We were told later by a CBJ that his table had a bunch of new judges that were handing out 6s and 7s to everyone. "Hey, the sheet says 7 is above average! It's good, so let's give it a 7." Since there were only 4 tables, everyone likely got one entry hitting that table.

I think our chicken hit that table. I guess yours did not. :mrgreen:

If there is a table of 5 judges... the TC typically acts as the 6th judge right?

Back