• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any one have a favorite off the shelf bbq sauce?

It's not easy to find outside central New York, but Dinasour BBQ is fantastic. No HFCS, no oil, and no chemical preservatives My second choice if I run out is to buy based on the ingredients listed. Again, as long as corn syrup and/or oil aren't the first two ingredients I'll give it a try.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Sweet Baby Rays or Stubbs is so popular with the Bretheren.

As far as sauces that can be had anywhere, I suppose I would have to vote Sweet Baby Ray's. Just about every widely available sauce has liquid smoke in it, but SBR doesn't seem as strong to me.

For locally available, believe it or not this one is actually pretty good.
http://joehornbbq.com/the-sauces/

With the GF being allergic to all forms of msg, I have been using Two Fat Guys, and recently used Big Butz, although their use of high fructose has me unhappy - despite the yummy taste, I prefer natural sugars. Will likely be making my own as there are few good options for us.

I'm hooked on Billy Sim's Boot Kickin' Q sauce. :-D
I also love Brethren Gerald's Three Rivers BBQ Sauce.

If I didn't make my own, Bulls Eye Original. That was my go to sauce before I started making my own. I sometimes mixed in a little Pace Picante (medium or hot) for a little kick.

A mixture

2 cups cattlemans carolina tangy (yellow)
2 cups pats homemade (red)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup worcestashire (ever how u spell it)
1 tbsp red dot hot sauce
2 tsp garlic paste

All these ingredients may be regional thing
Turns out sweet, tangy, a bit spicy. We use it on everything comin off the uds!! If we're doin chicken wings we substitute habenero hot sauce. How much actually depends on how many beers we've speared!!:becky:

I usually get whatever is on sale.

I like Sweet baby rays
Bandanas - Sweet and Smokey (Could be a regional sauce)
Jack Daniel Sauces are pretty good
I like the Budweiser Sauces for a change of pace sometimes.
Country Bobs (Pretty sure this is only a regional thing)

I do SBR on ribs and Pat's on pulled pork. Jack daniels sauce is pretty tasty too. At first I thought it was a joke but John boy and Billy's grillin sauce is pretty good too every now and again.

I'm a Sweet Baby Rays fan as well; however, I usually end up adding something to store bought sauce which changes it up a bit.

It may only be a regional sauce but I like the Gates BBQ sauces. I especially like the Hot and Spicy version but the original is good also.

Back