Chili

Uncle Buck

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever smoked chili before? I'm doing a chili cook-off in a couple of weeks which isn't my expertise and I was trying to do something unique. Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Mike

Smoke your meats then add to your sauce base and you can finish on the smoker just turn the heat up to keep a simmer

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

JM has a good guide. Also, try burnt ends instead of pork :thumb:

We had leftover brisket and I cut it up and put it in chili last week. You could really taste the rub. It was good for a change. I wouldn't want to make it that way all the time. Didn't have the real mexican flovor I am used to. My daughter-in-law thought it was heaven.

I made chili with chuckies smoked and shredded. Best I ever made. You will never want it any other way. Good luck in the contest. Hope the smoke puts you at the top!

I've found I like to either smoke the meat first, then make the chili, or make the chili, then smoke the whole thing. Doing both just made it taste too smoky, to me (can't believe I said that!). Smoking the whole thing will mean it takes longer to get done, but it's worth it. Also, clean off whatever is above the open chili container, so nothing drops in! :)

Back