What's your best craigslist score

Well...not fortunate enough yet, unless you count my 15 dollar ECB.

Roby

I'm gonna have to say it was my Whalen 37.5 inch King Kettle that was used 5 times and cleaned up like it was almost straight out of the box for $300. it's not a fuel hog and is fantastic for indirect cooks.

100_7393.jpg

I'd have to say my Red OTG. It had only been used a few times, then the previous owner "upgraded" to gas. I paid $25 for it.

in upstate ny, where smokers aren't overwhelmingly popular on craigslist, i found this for $150:

IMG_20100720_160322.jpg

I've had a couple:
Brand new in box wsm 18 for 50 dollars (win at a golf tournament, don't need it I have gas). icing on cake-1 mile from my house.

A funny one.
I found a Performer on cl for 150, the thing looks to be in perfect condition (it was). Decent deal there, but it got better. I get to the neighborhood without my gps and get a bit lost. As I am driving around trying to call the guy, I drive by a house. At the head of the drive with a free sign is a ratty old-you guessed it, Weber Performer. Also it has a rotisserie ring! Knock on the door, say thank you, and load it up.
So what to do? I drive to the other guys house and say hi. I tell him the tale. Told him I will still take his but only for 100. Sold. 2 Performers for 100, 1 hasn't been used 10 times. I kept the rotisserie gear and gave the old one to a friend.

CL Deals So Far:

BGE: $270
Traeger Lil Tex with cover: $150
Weber Genesis Silver with cover and full tank: $50
Weber Genesis Silver no tank or cover, but brand new guts: $25
Very good condition Weber Performer: $50
Weber Q200 with cart, tank adapter and gas: $25

Have a line on a free Performer as I type this.

Best Score we think is our Pre 1979, no date code, Red Head for $15. This photo is AFTER ALOT of elbow grease and restoration, but man it cooks like a charm!

Weber-Redhead-Finished3Sm.jpg

Another good score was our 18.5" WSM, like new, 2004 date code, with all new grates for $115

18InchWSM1Sm.jpg

Another good score was our 18.5" WSM, like new, 2004 date code, with all new grates for $115

18InchWSM1Sm.jpg

:thumb: I just saw 1 of these for the 1st time today. Pretty heavy steel. It was $300 at HD. I would like to find a CL deal on a 22.5

Mine would have to be either my ECB for $15, the in the box, never been opened wrapped in plastic 10x10 Caravan portable awning for $50, or the 6 cast iron skillets (16", 12", 2-10", 2-8") for $60.

I could go on, of course.......I LOVE CL!

18" OTG (only one I've ever seen on CL) FREE
New SJS - FREE
SJG in great shape - FREE

About 2 years ago I scored a Hasty Bake Gourmet. It sells for $2,299. She wanted $300, BUT TOOK $200. I spent about $100 on various parts and it looks like new. I use it weekly it is very good to cook about anything. Also once got a free Weber 22 ". Bought a Lyfe Tyme large grill with side box for $45.00 but spent 1-200 having it sandblasted and painted. Sold it when I got the Hasty Bake.

the one and only deal I have found, best 50 bucks I spent.

New in the box 22.5 WSM, just missing all the nuts and bolts.

IMG_20110326_113801.jpg

I just bought over 200 dollars worth of carpet tools for 15 bucks. :wink: I have not found any good bbq stuff yet.

I got a 1999 Weber Master Touch for $15. And I got a NIB Prodigy brake contoller for my truck for $20.

My Weber SS Performer for $50.

grill.jpg

IMG_0172rs.jpg

So your the guy who jerked that one out from underneath me....:mad2:

Just kidding nice score close by!

Mine would be my 99 Grand Cherokee I got for 4200 with 69,000 Miles. As far as BBQ I got a N.I.B 18" WSM for 175!

Back