KCBS 2010 Banquet Pics

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Starting a place for everyone to put their banquet pictures.

Phil (BBQChef33) and my friend Roddy waiting at Tony Lukes
2010KCBSbanquet001.jpg

Andy(Hodedo) getting ready to dig in.
2010KCBSbanquet004.jpg

Tony Lukes cheese steak. Best one of the weekend. Phil had seven cheese steaks at this point.
2010KCBSbanquet005.jpg

Reading Terminal Market
2010KCBSbanquet006.jpg

Muzzlebrake and EVERYONE still eating our way through Philly. Reading Terminal Market
2010KCBSbanquet010.jpg

Some nasty looking ribs at the Reading Terminal Market.
2010KCBSbanquet011.jpg

It looks like Phil really takes his Cheese steaks rather serious!

Damn Phil, you have lost a ton of weight!!! Great job my friend. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_cool

What a great Avatar..........too funny!:-D

Attachments

• MYRON.jpg
    MYRON.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 314
I dont think it is possible to have too many meat comas in a weekend....

As of the last count Phil was up to 12 sammies just before noon today and he and Yack were going to pick up some more for the trip home!

Andy - really? Starburnt with a cheesesteak??? You're killing me.

As of the last count Phil was up to 12 sammies just before noon today and he and Yack were going to pick up some more for the trip home!

i think 12 is about right.

warning this is long..

the events that took place was not in my control.. at its all hodedo's, muzzlebreaks, skips, slednecks, roddie and most important, yakfishing fools fault. I was in a weakened state adn not in control of my actions. This was like letting the alcoholic loose in the bar, instead, i was accused of eating my way around philly. Sometimes chit happens, and i get farking ravenous. My luck that decided to kick in just as we hit the streets in PA. In stead of doing the right thing and going to the rules meeting, Yak decided to go straight to pats and then ginos before checking into the hotel. IT WAS HIS FAULT!!

WE hits Pats first, get, as the locals say it... wiz 'wit'.....and had to get a lesson in the language of cheesesteaks,.. In Philly, wit means, 'with onions'... so wiz wit, meant cheesesteak, cheese wiz, and 'wit onions'..

well, for a 200 mile drive, that was a let down. Around here, that would be known as 'steakums'. So we cross the street to ginos, this time i ditched the wiz(not afan to begin with), and went for "provolone mushroom wit".... yay..cheese-steak, provolone, mushrooms, wit onions. :mrgreen::eusa_clap

pretty good, better than pats.. Ginos wins.

Thats 2.

we get to the hotel at 4, check in, mingle a bit.,. then find out about "campos cheesesteaks' around the corner. at around 7:00, ok.. we're off... FOOD!

campos has a menu of sammys, one called the heater. Steak, jalepenos, onions, provolone, hot sauce.. HOLY CHIT!! That was farking great... Campos elevates to #1.. I also got one called The Italian, got that to go just in case. :mrgreen: this was steak, brocolli rabe, red peppers and mozzarella.

WEnt back to the hotel and hung out with folks in the lobby.. That poor sandwich sat on the table for an entire hour.. Calling me.. callling out.. so alone... finally, around 10.. i had to put it out of its misery.. :cool:

Thats 4.

damn.. 4 hoagies in 8 hrs.. oh well. WTF....i was hungry. Well.. todd and andy and muzzlebreak show up around 11... midnight my stomach is growling.. :confused::confused: I'm thinking tapeworm.

12:30... todds also getting hungry.. :) hehehehe..... an allie. finally.. the group decides to head out for somethign to eat.. Andy finds out about Jims steaks.. :wink: We take a walk(the scenic route, i planned it thart way.)

Actually, Plowboy and I jogged it while the rest of the guys walked twice the distance by swerving back and forth and wobbling the entire walk. 1:45AM, we are on line at Jims steaks, with 100 other folks.. get the steaks and eat there. Even have live entertainment.(seperate thread running) when the 300lb manager restrains himself from eating a puny 20 year old, pimplie faced drunk kid. Then, as an encore, we watched the cops smack him around too.

Anyway... Jims steaks made sandwich #5.

It rated at #2 behind Campos heater and in front of the Italian at #3.

Ginos was #4 and pats trailed at #5.

Cut to Sunday.. BREAKFAST!!!!

Tony Lukes. Everyone gets a 2 pack.. 1 with Roast Pork, brocolli rabe, spinach and provolone. Thew second, teaditional cheesteaks.. Miine was provolone mushroom wit.

that farkin pork sandwich is nirvana.. THAT is worth a 200 mile drive. The Steak sammy was nothign special... so that steaks ammy goes into #4, pushin ginos and pats to #5 and #6. But that pork sammy is # 1... but since its not steak, its stands alone..

Off we head to Reading Market at jorges direction for the Italian sub.. Line was a mile long, and here in NY, italian subs are a dime a dozen. WE decided to wander around and see wahat son the menu..

Muzzlebreak brings us to a pretzel stand that makes great pretzels.. the also had...

The Cheesesteak pretzel. :mrgreen:

Pretzel dough, rolled out, packed with cheesesteak, onions, and mozerella cheese, then baked.. Gottqa try that.. right?

So I did..

:icon_sick it was so farking good.. gooey,, messy, Im trying to find room in some crevice in my stomach for it.. At that point, the only way i was able to define my physical capabilities was that of a python that just ate a cow out on the Serengeti. That included walking, which i found myself doing by tilting to one side, then the other.. Plowboy came to my rescuerw and ate some of that cheesesteak pretzel.. now, look at picture #5 above.. Im sitting behind Muzzlebreak.. u can see my eyes, i am eating the cheesesteak pretzel.. notice my eyes.. they are like that due to backpressure in the gut. One more bite, they were blowing out.. thank you plowboy.. u save my life. !

Although thats # 8 in the volume list and would be # 4 in the just below Jims steaks.. I'll keep it seperate. :wink:

cheesesteak #6 and
Roast pork, #7
and the cheese steak pretzle..

i had no choice but to go to the hotel where a 2 hour nap got the cow traveling thru my gut broken down to were I can move again and I can walk without leaning over to one side 30 degrees.

Unfortunately, I woke up farking hungry.. and more unfortunate, it was before the KCBS banquet where there wasn't any food anyway. :twisted:

After the banquet we head to jeffs after party.. After about 5 minutes and a scan of the rooms we see alot of beer... we had a choice of bar food, or somethign different, sowe decided to get...

cheese steaks. After all, we are in Philly, right??. :cool: coincidentally.. Campos is around the corner.

We head out and hijack Yak and Skip on the way.. off to campos for The Heater. Roddie didnt try it yet, and hes up for it..

1 minute walk, and we are there..

CLOSED. :eek::eek:

hmm..., 3 doors down..

Sonnys Cheese steaks..

Philly has a few cheese steak places.. i think averages out to about every 11 feet.

In to sonnys....

Mushroom provolone wit... learn that by now?

we all get one..

I half jokingly say, i can do another.. where roddie gets up with ME TOO!.

we decide to split one.. so that makes..

8 cheese steaks, 30 hours so far..

a little while back at the tavern, a few chciekn wings, head back to the hotel. Im a figuring we are done.

Wrong.

2 AM one of skips friends amkes a takeout run to jims steaks.

3AM, Cheese steak #10 is making its way to the half digested cow, in my gut.

Thats 10 cheese steaks, and a cheese steak pretzel.. in 36 hours.

no, im not sick.. WTF...

well breakfast.. we had... coffee.. and then off to Cambos to get somethign for the ride home and to bring the family.. 2 heaters, 2 provolone mushroom wit..

one didnt make it home.. that was # 11..

And the Pretzel.

Family had the remaining 2.5 sandwiches...

why, 2.5? Vinny took a sample.. i tried unloading the whole sandwich on him, but some people have self control.

BTW.... i did some shopping on the way home.. this is tonights dinner, and at least the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG00011-20100117-1705.jpg
    IMG00011-20100117-1705.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG00012-20100117-1718.jpg
    IMG00012-20100117-1718.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 236
great write up and about the funniest thing I've read in long time. now I know who the best comedian of the bunch is. LOL

I'm thinking tapeworm too! in addition to the rabbit food diet for a while, you might ought to go get checked out.

Back