• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Introduction from Pinot in San Luis Obispo,CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinot 667

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hi All,
Thanks for all your contributions to this site. I got on here about a year back and learned how to make a UDS but didn't make any introduction at cattle call.

I have cooked alot since youth and even stints in a few top notch commercial kitckens, but until I found this site I didn't have a -clue- about- smoked -Q. I have continued to read brethren posts and make adjustments to acomplish better results for my family. Rain, wind direction and general temperature have all affected my temps. as I smoke rain or shine. I am now able to read the conditions before and as they happen and have learned to compensate with airflow on my UDS.

I have a 120 gallon vertical cast iron air tank I was planning to build into a RFOS?, also people have given me smokers over the last year but I have decided there are more lessons for me to learn on the UDS. I cook meats on it exclusively and my methods are evolving as I read the threads on this site. Don't get me wrong, I have had results that others have spoken kindly of after smoking turkeys, chickens, ribs, brisket, pork and vegetables. However, last weekend was the first time my pulled pork got to what I would consider ground level based on what I now know is possible.
Anyway, I just thought I'd check-in and offer my graditude.
Thank you to all the Bretheren --Life is short but my Q just got better with your help!
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Now could someone please tell me how to remove this quote
from my profile because I dont use matchlight or matches!
Thanks,
Pinot

Welcome from Indiana!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back