Is this gonna be good?

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
After the Best in Smoke, we see a new show with Bobby Flay.

Is there any chance he's gonna give us a learning experience. :confused:

I know Bobby though Iron Chef USA which we get here in Aussieland.

To me, he's a griller. Wouldn't know shi!t about smoking and real BBQ

QF_Bobby-Flay-BBQ-02_s4x3_lead.jpg

I'm prepared to be educated though..

Your comments...:cool:

You pretty much right, he's a grilling, at least it's on an Egg or a Weber. Not a fan anymore.

The only way I can grill without burning things up. Is with a grill that I can raise and lower the cooking grate as needed. Unless your just searing and taking off the grill. Even on a Weber you have to use indirect heat or keep a safe zone away form the direct heat to keep from burning the outside up.

Bobby Flay is the one who put the water pan right on the charcoal ring of a WSM on his show. That sissy acting Neely guy twice put meat on an offset with the exhaust fully closed. You should have seen the smoke when he opened the cooking chamber door.

What's the show called?

Bobby Flay can cook. BBQ? I dunno.

Might be a couple tips for us new guys and since I'm a sucker for grilling and BBQ, I'll watch none the less.

if he's grilling (or anyone for that matter), i'm watching.

Bobby Flay can straight-up cook. He may not do it exactly the way everyone wants him to but there will be flavorful food cooked on webers and the like. So give him a chance. If you don't like or learn don't watch more than an episode or two.

I have to say that Bobby Flay is a great cook, in the kitchen and on the grill. I enjoy watching his shows and have picked up some useful tips. I don't know how he is with smoking but I think we should give him a chance.

I can assure you Bobby Flay has forgotten more than most of us have ever known. Though he might not be traditionally BBQing, I bet this show is going to be good.

The guy can cook as people have said. He uses the grill pretty well actually. Comes up with some great ideas and I always learn a thing or two. Might not always agree with him, but I do watch.

Take his Throwdown show. If he actually wanted to beat some of those people, I think he could, but he goes to the extreme. Sometimes it works, sometime it doesn't.

I enjoy watching his grilling shows and throwdowns. He's ok and i'd rather watch him than the Neely's any day! But I did see him put the water pan directly on the charcoal too one time and it was hard to watch.

Last edited:
I personally like his cooking style. He is very unique and gives good recipes.

Until Bobby Flay takes up the S.I.D.E. challenge he's dead to me!

Bobby is a top notch chef. There will be something to learn from him. Howver....one of his first shows was Grillin' and Chillin' and he did the grilling and the chilling was done by the BBQ guy.

Gotta be better than watching Steven Raichlen. That guy makes a circus out of BBQing.

Bobby is a top notch chef. There will be something to learn from him. Howver....one of his first shows was Grillin' and Chillin' and he did the grilling and the chilling was done by the BBQ guy.

I did love Grillin' & Chillin'...

Back