New pellet pooper in Houston

dnettGMG

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm David, and I've been grilling and smoking for most of my adult life. Got my first offset about 5 years ago - just a cheapie Char-griller to see how I liked it. Boy, it was a lot of work, and very difficult to keep temps steady, even after making some mods that I learned on another forum. But the food was great, so I kept using it, until recently when it started rusting and falling apart.

I love the flavor from the stick burners, but the good ones are out of my price range. Did some research on the pellet grills, found some good and some bad, but decided to give the Green Mountain Daniel Boone a try. Especially when they had a HUGE sale for black Friday week.

I can already say that I LOVE the convenience of set it and forget it! The wife said my first brisket wasn't as smoky as my other ones on the Char-Griller, but still pretty tasty! I do like that I can quickly dial up the temps to do a reverse sear on some juicy steaks! Got a feeling the gas grill is going to start gathering dust!

My other forum had almost nothing on pellet grills, so I'm here hoping to find some guidance, tips and tricks, and mods. Feel free to point me in the right direction! See y'all around the fire!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Greetings from your Pellet brother out here in West Texas.

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Back