pork boneless picnic roast

ezmuny13

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
what temp should i cook it to (for pulling),it's 4.73 lbs.i'm gonna cook it on a brinkman electric smoker using hickory chips as flavoring.or any special things i should do?

thanks

Cook it to 200F internal. Once removed from the cooker, let it vent for 15 minutes and then wrap it in foil and rest it in a dry cooler for 3 hours before pulling.

And post some Pics!!

I take the temp in a few places and go with the lowest.
Good luck.

Try to keep the smoker at 225º. Rub the Butt down with some good seasoning the night before. Let the meat sit out for about 30 minutes on the counter before putting in the Smoker. I would wrap it in foil at 165º-170º with apple juice then continue cooking until 195º-200º then wrap in old towels and put in a dry cooler for at least a couple hours.

pork roast

guys it's up to 170 it's been on for 11 hrs:eek: these little brinkmans are slow for pulling stuff i guess,but it'll be midnight the way it's going lol lol

I'm guessing one of two things. #1 your cooker temp gauge or meat thermometer one is incorrect. The cook chamber is not near 225 degrees ( if that is what you were aiming for ) or your meat thermometer is off and the butt is hotter than 170

Or #2 you have been looking quit a bit, opening the pit often which will make the cooking go on forever.

I can't imagine a 4 1/2 lb butt going that long and only being 170

Just my 2 cents

guys it's up to 170 it's been on for 11 hrs:eek: these little brinkmans are slow for pulling stuff i guess,but it'll be midnight the way it's going lol lol

Have you wrapped it in foil? That will help it finish. I'd wrap it in foil and finish it in the oven.

pork roast

how long in oven at 350 or what temp,it's at 180 now it's a brinkman and it has some gaps around the lid,1/4 1/2 gaps like that from factory i know it doesn't seal air tight but dang,yes it's foiled

Check each hour... until 205* is reached. Maybe 2-3 hours from 180. Pull out and allow to rest in wrapped cooler for 2 hours before pulling.

pork roast

guys just hang with me,i'll buy a better smoker i promise:-D.this like i said was a trial thing to c if i was gonna like it,well i do just want it faster

pork roast

guys it turned out very good,just feel apart,wished i could've taken pics but wifes sister(ugh)had the camera.thanks again very much,i'm glad i found this site there is a wealth of knowledge here:-D

You don't need to buy one... make one. Look at the UDS thread.

What he said!! Build yourself a drum, no need to buy a smoker. you will not be dissapointed. I love mine, and I have only used it like three or four times, since i finished it in November.

pork roast

will be looking intot he drum:icon_cool

Back