• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Gruß von Portland, Oregon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jumpkix

Hello!

A friend of mine introduced me to this site. After he had cooked an amazing Brisket, I asked him how he learned to do it so well. Lo' and behold, he mentioned this incredible site :)

Needless to say, I am hooked on Barbecue now. I must learn the ways and seek out the Jedi Masters of the grill. The only real experience I've had is flipping burgers, which I am certain any 5 year old would have no problem doing. However, I am starting fresh in this new found love.

I am basically interested in a few things. First and foremost, can anyone give me a comprehensive list of all the tools a Master Barbecuers needs? I literally have nothing, and do not know all that is required to become proficent on the grill. Secondly, I am expecting to have a guest or two over in the near future. And if anyone has some recipe suggestions to really impress someone with a good meal, I am all ears. But I understand that this is a lot to be asking on an introductory post. Hopefully this is appropriate...

Here's a little about me: I am 20 years old, born and raised a Portland native. I stem from a long line of amazing chefs and have always had the passion to serve others. (I think this is why Barbecuing struck me as so enjoyable). I'm a huge Ducks fan! Sorry to all you Huskies/Beavs out there :boxing:I will be moving out to college next year. And I would definitely like to be able to impress a girl or two with an excellent barbecue :-D Other than that, I plan on studying Engineering. I love my Xbox: Halo3, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears, the list goes on. I'm also a Christian and believe whole heartedly in the bible. I have been blessed to have good friends and a wonderful family, so I will not be bringing drama to this form ;) However, I will be bringing many questions, so here is my fair advance warning. But I think that's enough about me for now. If you have questions, just ask me :)

I think this marks the beginning of many good times ahead! :)

Welcome to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

As for your questions, you need a smoker (try a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) it's a bit of reading but it should set you up fine.), a thermometer, some charcoal, a bit of wood, and oh yea, meat and seasonings....

You may want to repost your question in QTalk for a better response...

Welcome Jumpkix, if you can cook, you got a lot of what it will take to be a good 'quer. Hang out for a while in Que talk and you will learn all you need, ask questions and folks will open up. The thing you need most is a nice cooker, a few kitchen tools and some time and beer for practice.

Patience young padawan. All will be revealed to you in time. As to your specific question, just poke around the forum an read. You will find that there is no one way to do it...that is part of the fun...creating your own style. Good luck, and glad you're here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back