Would like to join a Memphis in May team.

Tony in Ohio

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Can any of you guys help put me on to a Memphis in May bbq team who needs a go-for?
I'd like to offer myself as a hand for whatever tasks need to be done in exchange for bbq knowlege from the pros.
Thanks for any help you guys can give, Tony in COLD Ohio.
My email is explorer2@windstream.net

Tony - Aside from Memphis in May, what I might suggest is going to some of the more regional KCBS contests and talking with some of the teams there and asking around. It might take some time for you to meet up with a team that is in need of a teammate where YOU feel comfortable with as well.

Maybe some of the Brethren know some teams in your area that can point you in the right direction.

Good Luck in your search...

Tony in Ohio said:
Can any of you guys help put me on to a Memphis in May bbq team who needs a go-for?
I'd like to offer myself as a hand for whatever tasks need to be done in exchange for bbq knowlege from the pros.
Thanks for any help you guys can give, Tony in COLD Ohio.
My email is explorer2@windstream.net

Tony,

Are you not interested in KCBS comps? They are more prevalent in this area than MIM contests although you still have to do some travelling to get there.

I know quite a few teams at MIM but it kind of depends on what you want to get out of it. A good time or some real hands on experience? And are there particular categories that interest you? MIM teams generally only compete in one, either ribs, shoulder or whole hog.

Tony, I'm in the far corner of Ohio, and we do KCBS comps. If you're interested in going to Indiana, or at a local (hopefully to be sanctioned) comp in Cincy in June, if you'd like to join us.

Curt,

I believe we met at Nelsonville last year. I had the Jedmaster trailer, the giant green BBQ tent, and the Golden Retriever if that helps jog your memory. I'm from the Cleveland area and was curious about your Cincinnati, contest in June comment.

Could you tell us a little more about what's going on with that. I think it's a great idea BTW. Thanks!

Dallas

Dallas,

I'm a dog person... I remember the dog as well as anything else. :)

Jim Dandy is putting on the competition. He owes me some more info, but it's planned for June 22-23, and that's most of what I know, other than they're trying to get it sanctioned.

Tony in Ohio said:

Tony,
I have heard that you can actually JOIN a MIM team...for a price. Maybe if you looked on some of the MIM teams' websites you could find out how.

If you do go, bring an extra liver and don't forget to wander through the Patio Porkers... WAY too much fun to be had there and there are no bouncers at the door. I am bummed, I can't go this year, I have gone the past two. Good times.

Back