Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Dana Point BBQ Championship - Dana Point, CA - Oct. 4 & 5

ViciousGame

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Who's going to the largest contest in California history?!

Vicious Smoke will be there!

It's my anniversary weekend so I can't commit to competing as the wife refuses to sleep in the toy hauler that weekend. But we will be stopping in to hang out for awhile. I think the last time that happened was Havasu last January and hung out around Smitty's camp and he did quite well.

Mad Dawgz BBQ will be there. Looking forward to seeing all our friends.

Good Luck to all

My wife and I are still pretty far down on the waiting list to judge... if we don't get selected, will probably just come down for the day

I'm in as a judge again this year. It's a great event at a beautiful locaton. City supplies meals and a whale watching trip as a thanks to the teams showing up.

If anyone likes to travel this is one to go to! We went last year and really enjoyed it. Arlie did a wonderful job as always!

Start packing your pits and come on out. If he has any open spots?

Prize money goes up 5,000 if he gets to 100 teams,I think it's at 90 something now

102 teams is the max, according to Arlie and I believe he's reached that number today. Here's a t-shirt mock-up (via CBBQA forums) of confirmed teams so far:

Dana_Point2013_Back.jpg

Back