View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #42
ruger35
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Nope

Decided to give an update:

Original plan was to hit Panther City for breakfast, Heim's On The River, and Goldee's.

Plans got changed, but Panther City for breakfast tacos did not disappoint at all. Jalapeno cheddar sausage was amazing, brisket was great. Wish I would have went back for lunch. Saw Derek Allan's Texas BBQ was advertising Berkshire pork steaks so I decided to try there instead for something different. Sold out of pork steaks, but decided to try everything else. Chipotle mac and cheese was very good, unique flavor. Best meat was probably the burnt ends with their jalapeno jam.

Decided to run to Smiley's Craft BBQ in Roanoke for dessert. Got there and was lucky enough to talk to the owner, bought some fresh pie and banana pudding with some jalapeno cream corn over fritos. Owner decided to gift me some breakfast tacos, brisket, pork, and pork belly. Threw the tacos in the oven when I got home this evening, even as left overs they were very good. Enjoyed getting to see the pit room and talking to the brains behind it, would love to actually get some of his Q next time.