Speaking of Weber...I had a post this weekend "operation performer restored" I ordered a new igniter and the lid thermo. A couple days later I was going to order the support beam/bracket that connects to each side of the ash catcher ring(this was the old style, they tend to rust out cause they are in contact w/ the bottome side of the bowl) the new ash catchers connect to the underside of the stubs the legs go in. Anyways I called Weber back to order a couple..I wanted a spare for down the road as I plan to have my red performer for another 20 years. They said dont worry about it...I will send you two for free. How cool is that? My '99 red performer is restored and I have spare parts...gotta like that. Weber rocks. Here is the original link..http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57107&highlight=operation+performer

Wife and I got married in August of 1978 and one of the wedding presents we got was a smokey joe. Cooked on it and took it with us when we moved 3 times then I lost touch with it somehow. Last spring while cleaning a shed in her moms yard, I found it under a bunch of stuff. Cleaned it up and started using it again. It could use a couple new grates though.

Scott

I knew there had to be a UDS-style threads for us Weber-heads! Pictures of my current stable are below; these are in addition to the red and blue 22 1/2" kettles sitting out back waiting for some restoration/modification work. Gotta love it...

Attachments

• BBQInventory1.jpg
    BBQInventory1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,361
  • Mothership.jpg
    Mothership.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,361
A 22.5" Kettle is the most versatile tool a BBQ cook can have. I smoke, grill, cold smoke and use it as a warmer.

I haven't made any modifications to my grill, but I did have my big cooker modified to carry my Weber on a swing out arm. It works great.

I got tired of carrying it along to every contest we did, assembling and breaking it down every time. Now we just swing it out in to position and light it up. We cook our compitition chicken on it and also have it available to grill dinner on Friday night.

Weber_034.jpg

July6th030.jpg

More pictures at dodgecountysmokers.com

Here is my latest acquisition-a Maroon 22.5" Silver $10

IMG_0080.jpg

And a couple bottoms courtesy of JD!

i'm really starting to dislike brian. all the great deals he finds and i can't find nuttin around here.:razz:

Back