• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fundraising comes to an ABRUPT end..

Alan in Ga

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As I have mentioned in the past we were doing fundraising for Sams Club for their MDA and CMN charities. Sams has been providing food and the grills we have been cooking on as well as anything else we have needed. Well this past weekend we had a Health Inspector shopping at Sams and of course saw our setup and thought we were out vending food for ourselves and raised a stink about it an shut us down even though it was a charity event and we made notrhing monitary from it. We now have to get a vending license and go through all that red tape before we can resume our operation Really bummed me out but I guess rules are rules so we will do it right.

In Virginia you can get temp permits for the day and pay $40 for the permit. They will let you pull I think up to 5 per year without using a HD kitchen. You might check to see if it is that way in GA

That is a bummer Alan, although it may end up opening up more opportunities for you down the road.

Sorry to hear about that Brother. We heard of a similar situation that happened a few years ago. We ended up each getting certified as food handlers and got our vending permit. Cooking is my preferred volunteer work, I'd be really bummed to get shut down like that.

Get it sorted out and come out twice as big!!

Just a temporary setback I'm sure.

In North Carolina, we get a "Temporay Food Establishment - Vendor Exemption Letter" that states that our organization is "a tax exempt or non-profit organization that only sells food for up to two consecutive days once a month."

Gets around the permitting requirement for us to hold fundraisers for the church.

Back