Fatty recommendations?

Texas Turtle

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Okay, so I have been volunteered to smoke some meat for the 4th. Crowd should be around 20 people. I am doing brisket, chicken and sausage, and planning to put the brisket in the WSM with the IQUE Wednesday night so maybe I can get some sleep. I wanted to do it on the offset, but I have to go to work at 4:30 Friday morning so sitting up feeding splits all night is not attractive. I'm thinking of doing a fatty for nibbles, but my normal breakfast taco filling probably won't be appropriate for this event. How about some recommendations for fillings? I have two pounds of regular sausage and one each of Italian and turkey. I was thinking about some sort of pizza filling, maybe. Haven't seen much in the way of fatty threads lately. Thanks for the help.

If you do a pizza fatty, put way more sauce than you think you should. It never seems to be enough.

I've always wanted to try an italian sausage one with onions, peppers, and cheese on the inside.

Pizza type fatties are my favorites also.....

Breakfast fatties are killer too!..... Try stuffing one with cinnamon rolls..... Really!

Or, Blueberry pancakes or waffle strips with pre cooked cooked scrambled eggs or hard boiled & pre cooked hash browns, onions, mushrooms, etc. No rules really, other than food safety.

I don't always stuff fatties. But when I do, I stuff with Dos E...

Wait.What?

I like 'em stuffed with string cheese, chipotle, onions.

Had 'em stuffed with scrambled eggs and farmers cheese too.

One of the surprisingly good ones was stuffed with canned corned beef hash. Go figure.

But, you can never go wrong with a nekkid fattie.

I have done just a couple my first one I made was half italian sausage and half regular sausage stuffed with mozerella I really didn't like the taste of the combination of sausages and the mozz didn't add much flavor. The second one I did was just Jimmy Dean mild sausage and I stuffed it with 100 day old gouda and gruyere cheeses and that was awsome. The last one I did was cheap breakfast sausage stuffed with pepper jack cheese, and that was awsome too.

I am going on a camp trip and thinking of making one for the trip but not sure how it will be after being in a cooler for a day or so.

This is the last one I made. Going from the outside layer in:-

Layer 1 : Raw Bacon
Layer 2 : Sausage meat
Layer 3 : Rub
Layer 4 : Sauteed Onions and bacon
Layer 5 : Camembert cheese

IMAG0702.jpg

I'm a big fan of the Ruben fatty, or the pizza fatty, or a nekkid fatty, well I guess I just like all fatties really

How about the Fatty Ronello...

IMAGE_00029.jpg

Fresh chorizo, poblano peppers and habanero jack cheese inside.

Back