Fine, fine BBQ in Cincinnati

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I finally found this joint, 'Just Q'in', I have been wanting to try for over a year open when I was there. They have two locations, one in Newtown and one in Walnut Hills. In winter all the smoking is done in Walnut Hills.

Best brisket I have ever had outside of Texas, and better than a lot of I have had there which is a lot. Big ring, totally moist and tender, great, great flavor. Beautiful slices.

Pulled pork is very good too, best in town as far as I am concerned.

I'll be making friends with these good folks.

http://www.justqin.com/

Why is this here AFTER I move away?

Good eating Mikhail, you can only eat so much Montgommery Inn :/

I forgot the names of the places I use to like 20 years ago.

I still enjoy the canned Skyline to get me through the winter months.....

i abhor Montgomery Inn. Boiled ribs are not BBQ. Sauce is too sweet too.

Dont get me wrong, they are a ok restaurant, just not q.

Why is this here AFTER I move away?

Good eating Mikhail, you can only eat so much Montgommery Inn :/

I forgot the names of the places I use to like 20 years ago.

I still enjoy the canned Skyline to get me through the winter months.....
They got it in the freezer section too :biggrin1: love chili spaghetti 4 ways

Thanks for the tip!
Need to try that place.
Kinda partial to my own, but ALWAYS looking to try someone's Q!

No love for Eli's?

I thought it was pretty good, even though they fry their ribs to finish....just figured that was Cincitucky style..

if you can find it you might want to try to get some goetta. Definitely NOT BBQ and really different from most anything else you've ever had, but try it, you might like it!
Cincinnati specialty.

No love for Eli's?

I thought it was pretty good, even though they fry their ribs to finish....just figured that was Cincitucky style..
Eli's is pretty good. The one down in Findlay market has been cooking up North Carolina style that is just killer. But overall I found their regular pulled pork to be good but nothing special. have not tried the ribs.

But then Cincinnatians are weird about ribs. They love Montgomery Inn ribs, which ne'er saw much less touched open heat or smoke. All sauce on boiled ribs. I just don't get it.

And the comment about Goetta? That stuff is great, but like the chili, it's a local thing and you kind of have to acquire a taste for it.

Back