Fat on Brisket for catering

Those videos from Franklins BBQ rocked....Whao! I'm realy enjoying this forum and learning from you guys. Now I have a questionfor tenderness could one make an Ah-zoe with the drippings?

Do whatever your comfortable with to start. Because I came off the comp trail first, I did heavy trim, super duper complex rub, separated flat from point.

However, when / if you start doing this on a regular or semi regular basis you'll find that it's not really necessary. Rarely trim any more and its SnP only now.

I do the same as Tail Gate Joe.

I use the same technique. Wrap in foil.
Served brisket samples for 3600 this past weekend using this.

Seasoning
SPG and and a little chili powder. The beef has so much flavor, your rub does not need to be elaborate.

Brisket is pretty pricey right now to try to get profit from a competition style cook.
I love the bark and so do my customers. I also love the a 1/8 inch of fat. The flavor it adds is incredible.

If you want some really good burger, add some of that brisket fat to your ground chuck and eat like heaven.

Do whatever your comfortable with to start. Because I came off the comp trail first, I did heavy trim, super duper complex rub, separated flat from point.

However, when / if you start doing this on a regular or semi regular basis you'll find that it's not really necessary. Rarely trim any more and its SnP only now.

I think those pics there are what people want to be served.

Back