Pit Beef w/Caramelized Onion & Bleu Cheese Sauce

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This dish represents flavors that meld together so well it will almost make a grown man cry. The beef started out Sunday as a 7.5 lb choice Sirloin Tip Roast and was marinated for 14 hours then slathered with plain mustard and coated (heavy) with Weber’s Chicago Steak Rub. Cooked without smoking wood in the Chubby at 350 till the internal reached 140, refrigerated overnight and sliced thin with electric slicer. We served open faced on English Muffins and covered with the sauce. The sauce is simply one large onion sliced and caramelized in 4 tbs of butter on high for 7 min, add 1 cup heavy cream continue cooking till sauce reduces and stir ½ cup Bleu Cheese. I made a vid of cooking the beef but was distracted with the Granddaughter so it was not very good but I’ll include the link here.

SDC11378a.jpg

SDC11381.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, blue cheese. yum/ very nice sammy

looks fantastic! what did you marinate the roast with??

Sorry, but I had to return and save it to my bbq file..... :biggrin::biggrin:

Paul B
SS UDS

That is way over the top! I just totally freaked out, it looks and sounds SO AMAZING!:cool:

Gotta love Pit Beef!!

Attachments

• DSC_2881 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_2881 (Medium).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 73
just my opinion but I don't think this thread would be near as wonderful without those fantastic photos - enables me to say "what a great looking presentation" and oh yeah, bet it tasted ok also:wink:

Back