W

Wanttolearn

I just wanted to say hi and say thanks for letting me join :).

I got interested in BBQ'ing after helping a coworker do a few hog roasts. So I started looking for a cheap way to try and get into BBQ'ing. I found the thread about the UDS, read about 100 pages, and was lucky to find a 55 ss drum. I am hoping to learn alot and to have a long and pleasent stay here.

Just to be sure I didn't miss something:
1. I can't search unless I purchase a sub is that correct?
Is there anyway to go further back then 2 pages of posts?
2. How many posts do I need before I can get the Recipes section.
Love the pics I just want to know how to attempt to make them

Welcome from a fellow newbie! Not sure how many posts to get to the recipe stash, but it's not many. You'll see the link in the top of the screen when you get there. You can search through the google link at the bottom of the page without being a paid member. You can look back at more pages by clicking on the little arrow or whatever near the page selection link at the bottom and type in a page number. Not sure how far that goes back though. And I've been dabbling in this manner of cooking for about 10 yrs now, but only been a member here for a couple months, and I've picked up an immense amount of knowledge, and have only improved the quality of the 'que I'm turning out as a result. Read up. Take what you want from here, and try it. Worse comes to worse, you try something new next time! Oh, and don't forget to introduce yourself in the Cattle Call forum!

Welcome want to learn, the best place to ask this would have been Cattle Call where all of us look to meet the new folks (of which I am recently one). If you look at the bottom of the page, there is a Google custom search that is available to all members, If you purchase the subscription, you get to use the other search in the top bar.

U B a Nubie,I B a Nubie 2
Welcome Wanttolearn
Great Site,Great People! :-}

Just so folks know the forum was originally paid for by senior members out of their own pocket. At a point the activity and members outgrew the current equipment. Poohba (Phil AKA BBqchef33) asked if people would donate to help upgrade the site. For those that had been around it was a nobrainer. There were enhancements made to the servers and also the software. This is when the subscription began. The subscriptions are not designed to make money for anybody, it is as the sticky above says to keep this place going smoothly as it continues to grow. Believe me the knowledge and friendships you gain here is worth what you can afford to make sure it is here when you stop in. It is so much more than a cooking forum.

Just so folks know the forum was originally paid for by senior members out of their own pocket. At a point the activity and members outgrew the current equipment. Poohba (Phil AKA BBqchef33) asked if people would donate to help upgrade the site. For those that had been around it was a nobrainer. There were enhancements made to the servers and also the software. This is when the subscription began. The subscriptions are not designed to make money for anybody, it is as the sticky above says to keep this place going smoothly as it continues to grow. Believe me the knowledge and friendships you gain here is worth what you can afford to make sure it is here when you stop in. It is so much more than a cooking forum.

Amen, Norco...I'd gladly pay more, if I had it! This place is incredible.

I have saved more then the subscription cost on ideas and coupons i learned about here already and only been a member for a month or so. It is well worth the $$$$ unfortunatly I have also spent more because of ideas from here and coupons LOL

I agree with what Norco posted as well, I will probably kick in more when I finally get paid. It is well worth the cost of the subscription. I have to say, this is one of the only forums I have seen that actively has members trying to set up gatherings and has folks meeting on a semi or totally regular basis. It is a particularly refreshing change from the gardening forums I am use to.

Back