Rainy Nite Cook

nmayeux

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Ok guys...
Its been a while since I've posted pics of one of my cooks, and I'm cooking all alone, so here you go. The kids and the wife were wanting some pulled pork, so my wife picked up a butt, and the neighbors talked her into cooking 4 more!:shock: So my little cook turned into a pretty big cook, but it will bring in $80 of Q money, which makes it all good!:twisted:

Anyway, I marinated and rubbed the butts with a collection of rubs from Spicebag and jgh1204, so it will be kind of a mix flavor when it comes to the rub. The mop is a little Jim Beam and apple juice with a little extra fun for kicks. As you can see, I've got sweet blue, and a rock solid 225 degrees on the Lang, and the top rack is loaded. Now time for a nap!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Rainy Nite Cook 1.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Rainy Nite Cook 2.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Rainy Nite Cook 4.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 4.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Rainy Nite Cook 5.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 5.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Rainy Nite Cook 6.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 6.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Rainy Nite Cook 7.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 7.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 105
  • Rainy Nite Cook 8.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 8.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Rainy Nite Cook 10.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 10.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 105
  • Rainy Nite Cook 9.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 9.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 105
Damn you're fast! A couple of pics did not upload, so I'm trying to figure this crap out... Maybe I've had a little too much beer? How do they look now?

Maybe all that Beam didn't make it into the sprayer? Ya been "deglazing the cook"?:wink:

The food is lookin' good and that young 'un is cuter than a bugs ear, just at that age where everything is interesting:twisted:

Keep feedin' that Lang, and show us the damage in the morning!!

Noah, The food looks incredible. And that's one cute kid.

Looks to me like the kid just tasted the dog!
Hope those butts give better expression.
Just kiddin', the butts look good.

A couple more pics, with the butts almost ready to wrap. Will pull them shortly for that milestone in this cook!

Attachments

• Rainy Nite Cook 11.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 11.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Rainy Nite Cook 12.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 12.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 100
Here is the last, as I'm about to crash. I love it when it just falls apart. The smoke ring and bark are excellent, and the meat is like candy! My wife and daughter are eating it out of the pan, and Kate wants some with her eggs. Its been a good cook, and thanks guys for the company!

Attachments

• Rainy Nite Cook 13.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 13.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Rainy Nite Cook 14.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 14.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Rainy Nite Cook 15.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 15.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Rainy Nite Cook 16.jpg
    Rainy Nite Cook 16.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 93
A rainy night in Georgia... seems like that could be made into a good song! :lol:

GREAT lookin' butt, Noah! Good job!

Noah BBQ's kids and dogs.

Pass it on...

(Good lookin eats!)

you pulled it at 165, put it in a cooler until when??? 190??? Thanks. Scott

PS, did you pull it out of the cooler at 190 then immedeately pull the meat or let it cool down a bit? S

I think Noah meant something else. I've never had meat raise 25 degrees in the cooler! Give him a break... he's probably exhausted! LOL!

Sorry, I wrapped at 165, and coolered at 195. I left it in the cooler for about an hour or so, and I think it was around 180 when I pulled the meat. I had a towel on top of the meat to kill some dead air space, and I pulled the meat as I removed it from the cooler. Anyway, I just woke up and the family has put a pretty good size dent in our portion!

Back