• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pulled the trigger and bought a food shack

Excellent thread! I love to see someone fulfilling a dream. Best of luck to you. How is the shack heated?

Right now with my Ready heater's (Diesel fired) looking at either propane or electric... leaning to propane.. but at -40f in the winter propane is almost a no go... so still thinking

Right now with my Ready heater's (Diesel fired) looking at either propane or electric... leaning to propane.. but at -40f in the winter propane is almost a no go... so still thinking

Those temperatures are hard for me to imagine. I think it gets cold here in MA and to you 0 is probably a decent winter day! Propane would be tough at those temps. I'm shivering just thinking about it. :mrgreen: What kind of an area is the shack located in? Are you downtown, or in an industrial area? I just know that the population is sparse compared to the area I'm in.

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Are you downtown, or in an industrial area? I just know that the population is sparse compared to the area I'm in.

Located at the back gate to the Army base, along side the main road from a suburban area that ties to the only way into town. Also alot of construction companies based close by. Best part only food place for 10-15miles is a Thai shack that's nick named the Thai surprise cause you may order x but end up with Z when you get home lol

Just solve all your problems and move yourself, your family, and this lovely shack to cleveland. better weather, better sports, and better people

• Thanks
Located at the back gate to the Army base, along side the main road from a suburban area that ties to the only way into town. Also alot of construction companies based close by. Best part only food place for 10-15miles is a Thai shack that's nick named the Thai surprise cause you may order x but end up with Z when you get home lol

It sounds like you have a great location. Please continue posting updates and pics. I'd enjoy seeing a few pics of the surrounding area too.

• Thanks
Nice work. I am thinking you could use those two heaters to crank out some extremely hot and fast BBQ once you are up and running :thumb:

• Thanks
If you sell BURLESQ North Pole, Alaska t-shirt please put me down for a 2X please :thumb:

• Thanks
  • Thanks
That looks like it cleaned up pretty nice and some easy structural, that is all good. Sounds like the plan is working.

• Thanks
This is awesome. I'd love to do this, but just don't have the guts to pull the trigger. You Sir, are inspiring. Best wishes and prayers are headed your way.

One idea for heating, since you'll have electricity, would be to use the rolled up in-floor heating materials. The benefits would be that it keeps your feet warm first. And if you're like me.....you're finished if your feet are frozen.
The other benefit is that heat rises, so a heated floor is the best place as opposed to a vent on the roof.

This exact product is not a recommendation, just a Google search;
http://www.thermosoft.com/radiant-floor-heat/TF1520-240?gclid=CKuLrfKpu7YCFQM6nAodzjwARA

• Thanks
Is it done yet?

Not yet but been busting my a$$ on it got the insides looking a whole ton better looking. Tested all the remaining equipment it all works! got the water tanks on order, waiting to here back from local power company, propane company doing a site inspection on the 16th and got insurance on it. Been a productive week and lots of $$$ out the door lol

All the cracks are mudd'ed and sanded ready to paint

20130412172824797.jpg

2 coats of Killz primer and one coat of a gloss paint, FRP still needs to go on then the walls are done and ready for inspection. Shelves need cleaned then they will go back up as well.

20130413173504756.jpg

Security screen door installed.

20130413173837305.jpg

Yea, I'm diggin that. Very cool.
What's up with all the white stuff on the ground outside? Don't know know it's the middle of April already? haha

• Thanks
4152 miles and two days 23 hours drive time from Beaumont Texas to North Pole Alaska. Do you plan on doing mail order? Good luck.

• Thanks
Back