Custome Pits and Fab or a Lang

Stop by Foggy Bottom BBQ in Loganville, GA on your way to Watkinsville. It's pretty good!

Outstanding! Can’t wait to read the review once you get some sleep.

Looks like it’s as advertised. Get me a closer look at the rib warmer!

Adam there is a custom pits right there in VA. No need to make the trip to GA

Just read that they closed the Ivor shop. You will love the pit man. Got the split doors and the fish cooker on back. Holds temps like a champ. I start with a few coals and then I go all splits

Just read that they closed the Ivor shop. You will love the pit man. Got the split doors and the fish cooker on back. Holds temps like a champ. I start with a few coals and then I go all splits

Getting her seasoned up now. I started it with some lump and a few splits. It’s been going about a hour now, closed her up about half hour ago and so far so good. Haveit holding right around 275 right now and temp from one side of the chamber to the other is about a 5 degree difference. Seems to be breathing good with thin blue smoke coming out of the chimney.

Huge difference from the Oklahoma Joe’s I’ve been using. Had her going for about 6 hours after I oiled down the inside. Temp stayed pretty easy to regulate compared to the old one as well. So far I love it!

Attachments

• EB00FAE8-783F-40C1-8B82-CF249AF8C722.jpg
    EB00FAE8-783F-40C1-8B82-CF249AF8C722.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 179A0301-9AE1-48CC-ABB2-5A7EFDF84132.jpg
    179A0301-9AE1-48CC-ABB2-5A7EFDF84132.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 23002E13-ABFE-4843-827A-EA7686D88D1E.jpg
    23002E13-ABFE-4843-827A-EA7686D88D1E.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 203
First cook!

First cook today! 10 lbs pork butts and a little later throwing on some spare ribs!

Attachments

• D9483DC7-9C95-4044-97EC-DB59FB7DADE8.jpg
    D9483DC7-9C95-4044-97EC-DB59FB7DADE8.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 189
How thick is the firebox? And what difference does the firebox and firebox grate upgrade make if you add that as an option?

Last edited:
Also what is the square inches of cooking surface for the A1 and the A5? Sorry for all the questions but I've been back and forth between this company and a few others.

How thick is the firebox? And what difference does the firebox and firebox grate upgrade make if you add that as an option?

Not sure of the exact thickness of the firebox but it is thinner than the cook chamber. Not sure of the exactly sure of the upgraded fire box but I believe it is a thicker steel and the vents are steel as well instead of aluminum. I will measure the grates tomorrow and get you a square inches of cooking surface.

Not sure of the exact thickness of the firebox but it is thinner than the cook chamber. Not sure of the exactly sure of the upgraded fire box but I believe it is a thicker steel and the vents are steel as well instead of aluminum. I will measure the grates tomorrow and get you a square inches of cooking surface.

Thanks! Really looking hard at these smokers. If the upgraded firebox is of a good thickness (> or = to .25 in) then I'll probably get one of these. Not sure which one though. I might just have to call them soon for more details on them.

Thanks! Really looking hard at these smokers. If the upgraded firebox is of a good thickness (> or = to .25 in) then I'll probably get one of these. Not sure which one though. I might just have to call them soon for more details on them.

Yeah I called them before I made my decision. I know the A5 is the equivalent of a 500 gallon propane tank in diameter.

Back