Third times a charm!!!! First GC!!!!

mgp03051

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been starting my last three season's At Mann Orchard's Applewood Cook Off. I was on the cuff this year between this contest and Lexington Battle-Green as they where looking for one more team as of 5/15 they still only had 24 teams. So with one of my teammates in Bermuda, and my other one had an emergency at work and was stuck there all weekend.. team " Can U Smell My Pits" wass just me.. Lexington goy there 25th team and made my decission easy off to Mann's I go hoping for the best.. I setup, get meat inspection at 3 and all my prep and dinner done by 6pm not bad i thought... napped from 9 to midnight, fired up 2 of my pits butts and brisket on back to bed 2am til 430.. up for the day ribs on 530 chicken on 830... thinkin to my self man this is going way to good... A friend of mine shows up just before turnins start and say's heard you might need some help what do you need me to do, "just tell me the time when I ask" theres cold beer in the cooler just tell me the time... got all my turnins done in on time, almost all packed up by awards..first call 2nd chicken, second call 3rd ribs. third call 1st pork, fourth call 2nd brisket . Ffifth call GC!!! WTF I was besides myself took me an hour before I could dial my phone lol and grand prize was a Cookshack Elite SM025 what a great weekend!!! Didn't get any pics but these ...

Last edited:
Congrats! I've been trying to just finish in the top ten for three years!!!!

Nice job! We just got started competing and split the cooking duties in half, just doing two meats was hard enough, I can't imagine doing all four at this point.

Congrats, brother! It's gotta be killing the guys who couldn't make it!
Yeah emailed my buddy in Bemuda .. He called this morning telling me to stop BSing him ...where did I really finish ... He didn't open the picture attachment floored him to say the least .. no BS here lol

Outstanding job. And let me just say how happy we are that you are wayyyyy out in NH right now and not in the midwest!:biggrin1:. That's one heck of an accomplishment!!!

Back