BBQ Rankings

Nomanerz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
just made aware of this website that lists BBQ rankings and contests results.

bbqrace.com

Nice site. It also seems someone cooked a contest in Camerron MO using my team name

Not that it matters for my scoring, but I wonder why I am listed in 2 contests as Oversize Load BBQ and one contest as Oversize Load BBQ team(that the one I actually got my first call at).

Not that it matters for my scoring, but I wonder why I am listed in 2 contests as Oversize Load BBQ and one contest as Oversize Load BBQ team(that the one I actually got my first call at).
Hard telling. Email them or use this:
http://bbqrace.com/errors/

I noted an error on the nationalbbqrankings.com site and emailed them. They took care of it right away.

I like this one because before you had to wait til the end of the year to see where you were in the TOY ranking.

I've emailed them requesting a ranking by number of comps competed in. I'd love to see a TOY ranking by the number of competitions competed in.

Check how KCBS.us is listing your name. This is a common problem for any of these sites to show relevant statistics. When the rep gives you your boxes, always double check how they have your team name spelled and make sure it is correct. This also effects your KCBS ToY points.

Check how KCBS.us is listing your name. This is a common problem for any of these sites to show relevant statistics. When the rep gives you your boxes, always double check how they have your team name spelled and make sure it is correct. This also effects your KCBS ToY points.

I will keep that in mind for next year since I only had 3 sanctioned events and didnt score all that well in those. Still kinda cool to see my team name listed though:-D

I had looked at this site earlier, and it was very inaccurate. I took a second look now, and they nailed it. They caught all of our contests, including the Sam's where our name had extra spaces in it.

I checked our team "Pork Patrol BBQ" and it seems everything in spot on. Good site and thanks for posting this information.

Great site, definitely check your spelling. I'm listed two different way, one correctly and one without an "s" on the team name. Two of my comps are listed as another teams name because the kcbs site did not have the "TN" at the end. It will change my ranking by 350 places. I'm so far down that it doesn't really matter, but I will email them and try to get it corrected..

Our team has competed in 3 events this year and they have it spelled 3 different ways. We're competing in Oinktoberfest in 3 weeks, I wonder if they can make it 4 for 4. I'll have to send them an email after the event.

The two contests at Knott's Berry Farm over the New Year's weekend do not show as 2012 events. An email was sent a couple of weeks ago alerting them to the discrepancy and to another issue related to the contest in Long Beach, CA. Hopefully they will get it corrected soon.

Benny

Good site! We're not doing too bad (for Brits!) 849 overall for only 3 comps! Woohoo!

Hmmm....don't mean to come off the wrong way, but what is actually the scoring system for these standings.

Quite frankly, I'm sitting here laughing my butt off at seeing our team ranked 1 in the 'weekly standings' for Ribs. We were lucky enough to take 1st in them yesterday,but obviously other comps around the country had winners....and winners who scored higher than we did. For a moment I was thinking it was an automated ego-booster.

Our team is missing a few comps (1 from 2012), and I can surely email the site to mention it.

Please dont take this wrong...I think it's great that someone puts the money, effort and time to do this....but, what am I missing here? There is NO WAY we should be that high on any BBQ list. :)

Hmmm....don't mean to come off the wrong way, but what is actually the scoring system for these standings.

Quite frankly, I'm sitting here laughing my butt off at seeing our team ranked 1 in the 'weekly standings' for Ribs. We were lucky enough to take 1st in them yesterday,but obviously other comps around the country had winners....and winners who scored higher than we did. For a moment I was thinking it was an automated ego-booster.

Our team is missing a few comps (1 from 2012), and I can surely email the site to mention it.

Please dont take this wrong...I think it's great that someone puts the money, effort and time to do this....but, what am I missing here? There is NO WAY we should be that high on any BBQ list. :)

I would guess they are using the KCBS formula to calculate points which takes in to consideration of how many teams are present to determine total points.

Congrats you earned it! :thumb:

I would guess they are using the KCBS formula to calculate points which takes in to consideration of how many teams are present to determine total points.

Congrats you earned it! :thumb:

Exactly! You scored the most KCBS TOY points in ribs this week. Congrats!!

Back