• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any interest in a SW bash?

Amen to the rain bit!

Let me know how I can help, if at all.

I like the timing, and it's going on the family (and squadron) calendar with haste!

Thanks, Carl.

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it out to Bluewater Lake this weekend. I had a catering gig on Saturday night and spent Sunday doing chores. I'll be at comps the nrxt 2 weekends. End of June looks promising to do a recon. I realize that time is getting close. I'm trying to get this rolling, but life keeps getting in the way.

Bumpitty Bump!

This is still on the books with fingers crossed for some rain and cooler temps in Sept.

As soon as we can pry Carl away from competition cooking, we'll get a link out to the planning spreadsheet (it'll look amazingly similar to last year's TX Bash spreadsheet) to get our collective act together and have a grand time.

More to follow.

I can do some research to any Far East sites in AZ. I usually go up north Greer Spingerville area which are very nice. Also have been to the Blue river area which do have campgrounds and right on the border of Az and NM. I can do some more digging.
I am a newb here, but I'm an Arizona newb so a SW get together sounds good to me. If I can help, let me know. If a location requires some scouting in Arizona, I can go take a look.

Gonna toss some places out there....only place I can really talk about, but more in the TX area is Ft. Davis, Tx. But, there is also Caballo and Elephant Butte, maybe even Cloudcoft and Ruidoso areas that I am familiar with, but would need to think about an area there to host something like this. But by Oct or so, the weather would be chilly.

Bob

I am a newb here, but I'm an Arizona newb so a SW get together sounds good to me. If I can help, let me know. If a location requires some scouting in Arizona, I can go take a look.

Any places in the Tucson area you can think of?

Bob

I finally made it to Bluewater lake to check out the group site. The group site is very nice. It has a large shelter with power and water. There is room for a couple of campers and several cookers. This seems like a really good place to have the bash but, (there is always a but sandwich) it is a ways from "civilization". 1:45min away from an airport, and 30min away from hotels and grocery stores. The park closes the entrance gates at 2100, so if you are arriving late you can't get in. And not to mention...still under fire restrictions. Albuquerque area city parks will not allow the smokers and/or charcoal. have to be gas.

Bob, I looked at the group shelter at Elephant Butte Lake and without seeing it in person I don't know if it will work. If you have seen it and/or have more info on it please share. There's always the beach.

Bucknekked, Tucson area would be cool. I haven't been there in a long time.

2018 SW Bash Sign-up!

Folks,

We need to get some numbers and names on "paper" to help make this happen.

Please sign-up with intentions so that Carl can get some location info nailed down.

Date: Weekend of 14-16 Sept 2018

2018 SW Bash Sign-Up

Please advise me directly if you have issues with the sign-up sheet (first time messing with GoogleDocs, and I just stole Hotch's TX sheet setup).

Ok. I'm signed up. I'm kind of leaning towards Elephant Butte Lake. It has a bit more civilization around it. Plus there are hotels right there for those that don't want to camp. Thoughts?

Ok. I'm signed up. I'm kind of leaning towards Elephant Butte Lake. It has a bit more civilization around it. Plus there are hotels right there for those that don't want to camp. Thoughts?

Elephant Butte still under fire restrictions as of today.

I think finding the "right" place without restrictions is key.

My 2 cents.

Bluewater Late State Park looks like a possibility w/o burn ban, etc.

Camp site was available via online booking for 14-16 Sept.

Should look into group option.

Last edited:
interested, but in the middle of football season. Son's senior year. So, not likely for me.

Elephant Butte still under fire restrictions as of today.

I think finding the "right" place without restrictions is key.

My 2 cents.

Bluewater Late State Park looks like a possibility w/o burn ban, etc.

Camp site was available via online booking for 14-16 Sept.

Should look into group option.

Group site is available. $60 a night.

Folks,

We need to get some numbers and names on "paper" to help make this happen.

Please sign-up with intentions so that Carl can get some location info nailed down.

Date: Weekend of 14-16 Sept 2018

2018 SW Bash Sign-Up

Please advise me directly if you have issues with the sign-up sheet (first time messing with GoogleDocs, and I just stole Hotch's TX sheet setup).

Not stolen brother! You are more than welcome to use it! I just carried it on from peeps! :mrgreen:

Let me look around and see what is available. What kind of amenities would be needed? How much space?

Let me look around and see what is available. What kind of amenities would be needed? How much space?

Would be nice to have electric, water. Shade would be very important. Group shelter. One of the biggest things would be No Fire Restrictions!!

Back