The UPS Man Cometh...

The first pizza didn't quite make it to round :rolleyes:, but was close enough.

That is called a rustic pizza.
pizza-chef-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah... That was my goal. Rustic. :thumb:

Did you grab this from woot a couple of weeks ago? Will ya bring it with ya when ya come visit? If not, maybe UPS a couple of pies my way? :)

I missed the Woot. I ordered it from Amazon. They had a good price and free shipping and I had an Amazon gift card to burn :-D

Nice pies, bye the way.

Thanks!

The one with the artichoke hearts and prosciutto was very good! You would get the tangy taste of the artichoke hearts and then a salty bite of prosciutto. I would do that again!

BTW, I use frozen artichoke hearts from Trader Joe's, not marinated ones. I cooked them per the directions and hit them with a little salt and pepper.

Love the welded steel tubing supporting the oven. Looks very sturdy. Also, THIS:

13342822624_8a987ca603_c.jpg

Is what I really like. Wish I could sample the texture evident in this pic. :thumb:

The Blackstone is built very well, Guerry. It weighs about 110 lbs.

That was the second pizza. The crust was much better than the first. The dough had an extra 20 - 30 minutes at room temp and was easier to work, and the stone was a little hotter when I put it in.

Well, I knew you don't buy crap, but for less than 400 bucks the apparent build quality still impressed me. Oh, and stick with the Spock killer pies. I love 'em. Round is SO square.

MUCH better pies than my first attempts Ron, looks delicious!

If you have not discovered it yet, the motor is on backwards in the first pic of your assembled oven. It will fit on the bracket much farther if reversed.

If I made more pizza's I'd definitely want one of them. Great purchase Ron! BTW: Perfectly round or square pizza is for noobs.

MUCH better pies than my first attempts Ron, looks delicious!

If you have not discovered it yet, the motor is on backwards in the first pic of your assembled oven. It will fit on the bracket much farther if reversed.

Thanks! I did notice it looked different in one of the YouTube videos so I reversed it :thumb:

Darn it, I don't think the boss is going to like that I "need" another cooking toy!

Second cook on the Blackstone Pizza Oven. "Rustic" Pulled Pork Pizza with Onions, Mushrooms, Red Bell Peppers and a 50/50 mix of pizza sauce and BBQ sauce.

13369826284_258bca0da2_c.jpg

13369595053_b363a0c0fc.jpg

13369829204_63750f5852.jpg

We also had tomato basil soup.

13369592423_2e19f79e5d.jpg

The pizza went in at 650 stone temp and was done in just under 4 minutes. I need to take a flashlight with me next time. I should have pulled it 20 seconds sooner.

Back