Unless I've horribly miscalculated...

Not official until I get word from the...well...the officials.

Hope you get that spot!

I just got on the waiting list for the Baton Rouge event. We are the third team down. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys and us!

Wildcard - top 2 scores from the 4 first round comps that didn't finish in the top 7. It is possible that the 2 wildcards come from the same first round competition.

Think of it kinda like NFL playoffs.

Unless there is something we've all missed in the rules, the two Wild Cards are, indeed, Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue, both coming from the Gilbert Local.

Little Miss BBQ had a score of 638.2856 and Bigmista's Barbecue was just .0002 behind that at 638.2854.

The number 8 team at Loveland had a score of 636+, the winner in Sacramento had a score of 632+ and the pass down team on the bubble at Santa Fe has a score of 627+. That leaves the top 2 teams with the highest point totals who have not earned one of the seven qualifying slots at a Local event as Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue.

Looks like there will be 9 team in the Las Vegas Regional that cooked in the Gilbert Local.

Congrats on making it to the next round!

Unless there is something we've all missed in the rules, the two Wild Cards are, indeed, Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue, both coming from the Gilbert Local.

Little Miss BBQ had a score of 638.2856 and Bigmista's Barbecue was just .0002 behind that at 638.2854.

The number 8 team at Loveland had a score of 636+, the winner in Sacramento had a score of 632+ and the pass down team on the bubble at Santa Fe has a score of 627+. That leaves the top 2 teams with the highest point totals who have not earned one of the seven qualifying slots at a Local event as Little Miss BBQ and Bigmista's Barbecue.

Looks like there will be 9 team in the Las Vegas Regional that cooked in the Gilbert Local.

Congrats on making it to the next round!
Thank YOU for the reply. SO does that mean the other low scoring guys get knocked out? Does every region have (2) wild card spots? Are their wild card after the next round of regionals?

Thank YOU for the reply. SO does that mean the other low scoring guys get knocked out? Does every region have (2) wild card spots? Are their wild card after the next round of regionals?

Top 10 from each of the 5 regionals I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top 10 from each of the 5 regionals I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that part of it. What im asking is their a wild card for those 5 events as well?

I love the idea of this series, i have never been so excited to cook an event like this one. I do hate the fact that mine all the way in sept cause i gotta wait till then and then its a marathon if i get the next 2 rounds cause it will all be in a one month span. Hopefully they spread it out differently next year for my region.

not that I know of, its just for the 3 regionals mentioned in the rules;

A. Fifty teams from the five (5) Regional contests will be invited to compete at the National contest.

B. Every Region will not have the same number of contests. For that reason, the following number of teams from each Region will go to the National contest.

Region 1: Las Vegas, NV – 10 teams
Region 2: Fort Worth, TX – 10 teams
Region 3: Jackson, TN – 11 teams
Region 4: Indianapolis, IN – 10 teams
Region 5: Medford, NY – 9 teams

C. Teams qualifying for the National will be determined by the top overall scores, in order, from each Region. For example, in Region 5 (Medford, NY), the top 9 finishers will advance to the National competition. If, however, one of those top 9 finishers has already qualified for the National competition in a previous Regional, then the next top finisher (the 10th as it pertains to Region 5) will win entry into National, and so on and so forth in each Region.

D. Qualifying into a Regional will occur in a similar fashion. The top finishers at the Locals will move on to the Regional to comprise 30 teams at each Regional:

Region 1, 2, and 4: The top seven (7) overall finishers at each of the four (4) Local contests will automatically advance. This will create a field of 28 teams. For the last 2 teams, the two top overall scores (excluding the 28 automatically advanced teams) from any of the Local contests in that region will advance. In the event of a tie for the 29th and 30th positions, the KCBS Tie-Breaker Rule will be applied. Click here for the rule.

Region 3: The top 6 overall finishers at each of the five (5) Local contests will advance.

Region 5: The top 10 overall finishers at each of the three (3) Local contests will advance.

Late again I see. Thanks for the detailed post.

To qualify for the regional in region 1,2,4 it's the top 7 plus the 2 wild cards discussed on this thread. For Region 3 it's the top 6 in each of 5 contests and for region 5 it's the top 10 in 3 contests. Obviously the east coast teams have a big advanteage in getting to the regionals but less teams get to compete locally.

For the championship it's the top 10 in each regional. 10 spots in Bentonville will be filled next weekend.

Back