Rib UN-Appreciation thread

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I think this thread was inevitable considering recent threads.:becky:

I happen to like ribs. A lot. But I prefer brisket over ribs and I find myself to be in a minority, particularly in judging tents at KCBS events. The people sitting next to me are always like, "I'm just here for the ribs"!:confused:

So naturally, I have made (and certainly have had) world class ribs, and I still prefer a well made brisket (OK, my brisket).

Surely other people out there agree that ribs are not the "Be All, End All" of BBQ that the vast majority of people seem to claim.

I also think bacon beats ribs every time.:thumb:

I can't wait to see where this thread goes!:becky::becky::becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
If you really want retribution, you have to talk smack about Santa Maria grilling and tri-tip. That would probably do it.

You could also do one about eggs but then the eggheads would come beat you down.

It's not about retribution. It's just an observable pattern that we start threads about every great thing related to grilling and BBQ and start an UN-Appreciation thread for it.

So here's where you go to bash some ribs.

Up next, PORK, Sucks or Not?:laugh:

You cant bash any part of a pig. It just doesn't work. I'd love to see someone try bacon.

ribs are my favorite BBQ'ed meat, farker.

no, wait. brisket is. no, pork butt. no, maybe sausage.

hold on maybe meatballs. wait, wait, maybe chicken.

then again, possibly bacon is my favorite. no, wait, i really like peppers on the BBQ.

hold it again, beef ribs are my favorite. no, wait, lamb is good too...

i'm in a tailspin here...

Pork Ribs have been, and will continue to be my favorite thing to cook and eat!

My wife likes my Brisket, so I do a lot of those also.

Waiting for the Weber Kettle Un-Appreciation Society next...

:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2:

I am a Brisket Lover myself, but Ribs are the most expensive item per lb of the four major Q meats. I think its because there are waaaay more people who have had great ribs than great brisket.

Is it just me or does this thread seem to have been hijacked by the rib lovers?

:shock::roll::shocked::heh::doh:

We need an un-appreciation thread un-appreciation thread...but someone might not appreciate it

Of course nobody likes ribs! Nobody boils em like in the old days anymore.
The closest we have to old school ribs is the McRib, my granpappy could filet a rack of ribs in 2 minutes-a lost art.

Back