I f'd myself

I too feel your pain, but seriously dude what's a train wreck story without photos of the train wreck! No photos, it didn't happen. (I assume it's ok to say that in this context. :p)

I couldn't bring myself to do it last night. I will do it tonight after work

That sucks. You need to post a memorial thread so all of us that didn't see it when you first built it can see it. I'm still wondering about a "wood" smoker.

That sucks. You need to post a memorial thread so all of us that didn't see it when you first built it can see it. I'm still wondering about a "wood" smoker.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152554

In a nut shell...

attachment.php

attachment.php

No see. I don't have access to welding equipment, but I CAN do the woodwork that one of these would require. It's a real looker.

Here is the damage. Once I remove the outside corner on the edges I will be able to get a better feel for it but I think I can salvage a good portion of it. It is not dead, just in a coma.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 261
  • photo (19).jpg
    photo (19).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 261
It doesn't appear to be anywhere near as bad as I had imagined. You made that thing sturdy!

When I was building it, I thought "This is way overkill" but I am glad I did it that way now! I way over framed it but that is what may have saved me. I am going to dig into this weekend hopefully.:grin:

man that is sweet lookin. i'm sure you can get it up and runnin shortly.

Any Updates Matey?

I have the sides all sealed up pretty well now. I just have to do the door and the roof. I am probably about 1/3 of the way there. I have some improvements I plan on doing as well. I will get it up soon! I am planing a new one as well that is more permanent for the back yard. Hopefully, I will have time to get to them soon! :grin:

Back