Electric smoker or WSM?

WEBER!!!

I have the 22.5 WSM and an 18 WSM along with a 22.5 OTG kettle...can never go wrong with anything Weber.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I'm struggling on which smoker to buy. I was leaning towards a Masterbuilt electric smoker, but after doing some research online I'm really liking the Weber smokey mountain.

Been there, done that with 3 Masterbuilt electric smokers. :mad2:
Go with Weber Smokey Mountain.
Get a BBQ IQ and you will have stable heat.
MB is a bad brand. :twisted:

I have a Bradley Smoker.....it was my first dedicated smoker and now is gathering dust. I got the bug and now have 10 cookers including that Bradley as I asked for it and got it as a birthday present. My go-to cookers, my main 4.....are 2 OTG 22.5 Kettles, a Akorn and my 5 week old 22.5 WSM. Cooked one of my best butts yesterday on the WSM....did maybe 10 butts on the Bradley a year and a half ago and comparing the products is a joke. Your Masterbuilt burns chips and that is better than the pucks you gotta buy for the Bradley but chunks are a whole new balegame. At least my Bradley has a nice Jim Beam logo on it I can look at.

Also as stated previously.....buying a Weber is always a good thing.

i went through the same decision process last June and went with the 18 WSM. Without a doubt it was the right move,at least for me. The only regret was not getting the 22...

I had a gasser and wanted a smoker. I am not mechanically inclined enough to build my own. I made a lot of ash trays in shop classes. :mrgreen:

I looked at all types of smokers to buy and finally settled on the 22.5 WSM. After a few mods on it to create a fire basket / grate stand, I can use it to cook anything from seared steaks to smoked briskets / butts / ribs.

Very happy with my purchase, but my gasser is getting a little lonely. Only fire her up to light my charcoal...

WSM with a BBQ IQ 110....all the flavor with a set it and forget it.

I started out on a master built electric. Bought a wsm 8 months later. Fast forward 2 years and I only used the electric for cheese and overnight cooks a few times, and the wsm gets more use than the Mbs ever did.

It broke this winter, and I honestly don't care to fix or replace it with another.

I'm going Pit Barrel instead!

In short, get the wsm.

Its damn cold in the north and I had both the masterbuilt and the bradley, I live 4 miles from bass pro, both smokers were useless in the cold around the end of oct, so I bought the 22.5 wsm and now i can use it all winter in a snow storm, so far this winter we got sum 76.8 inches of snow,

I've used both and own a WSM. Hands down I would go with a WSM. Besides the 10 year warranty, the WSM is very easy to use. They will hold temps for hours with little to no adjustments. I own the 22.5" and cooked on my brother 18.5" and it is every bit and consistent on temps and a little easier on fuel.

You will get a flavor on the WSM that you can't replicate on an electric smoker with the added benefit of a bigger temperature range to cook with.

I pretty much agree with the others above. In making your decision, you need to consider other factors in addition to the flavor advantage of a WSM, that are unique to your situation. Time, is an issue with me, so most of the time I can't tend to a wood/charcoal smoker, unfortunately. So the set it and forget it advantage of my MES works well. No, the quality is probably not as good a WSM, all things being equal. But if your preparation methods and techniques are good, then your end product will be good with a MES, bottom line.

Back