Thanks Mr. Science Guy’s
A person can learn so much and have a good time doing it never would have thought about wrapping brisket in Butcher paper I have baked chicken in brown bags before just never thought about doing it on a BBQ grill thought it would burst into flames. Will be trying this very soon, first person to do this take lots of pics let get our steps documented.
RR/Mike
:doh:

I dunno.... something about the Red paper.
People in these parts consider it the real deal.
A 1000 foot roll will last a while and it doesn't contain bleach like the white stuff.

Weiser
Remember, "ya eat with your eyes."

I wouldn't worry so much about the white. It might be bleached and I would prefer the sanitizing effect it might give over the suspect dyes used to make the red paper. Just my opinion.

(like when the meat eats through the foil, which can leaches aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers)

Foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers.

Whereas foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimer's

Only thing is foil can leach aluminum into the brisket then into the body, which can cause Alzheimers.

In my world aluminum foil in my body is bad.

*edit to add* gonna get some butcher paper, glad I did a search on this

Last edited:
Thirdeye,So happy to see your reply.I use brown paper bags from the grocery(have to ask for paper now days).They call it craft paper at wallyworld,I also have used brown paper grocery bags from other locales.Same result,and much cheaper.Good stuff!:cool:

In my world aluminum foil in my body is bad.

*edit to add* gonna get some butcher paper, glad I did a search on this

Looks like I used too much foil the past few years. I forgot all about this thread.

Thanks for bringing it back up.

I ended up getting a roll of the red butcher paper at City Market in Luling, TX Last year. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and the Pitt boss sold one to me. He also tossed three post oak logs into the trunk for free. I have been using the butcher paper a lot lately.

Back