My Sunday night smoke Pork Butt, Moinks and fatties. Heavy pron

pwa

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Cooked up a Pork butt on the UDS tonight, cooked it hot and fast and was the best pulled pork I've ever had!!! Not the best I have made but best I've ever had!! Bark was perfect, full of flavor, moist and pulled apart perfect. Glad I take notes during cook going to have to make sure I can repeat the results. The Moinks were once again a crowd favorite, made 2 fatties both were good.

Thanks for looking and your help with ideas
pwa

Now here comes the pron:

Ready for my homemade rub
img3705p.jpg

Rub on and ready to wrap and but in fridge
img3716j.jpg

ready for cooler to rest
img3722j.jpg

Pulled 100% by hand
img3741x.jpg

Fatties ready go on
img3725b.jpg

Fattie served up
img3735i.jpg

Moinkes ready for smoker
img3726dl.jpg

And serving them up
img3733e.jpg

All this couldn't have been done with out my big helper and eldest son
img3707b.jpg

Don't ask me about the hat I just don't know.

Last edited:
Great work. You keep posting stuff like this and you may get a permanent house guest come next fall :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Very nice looking pron! :clap2:

• Thanks
Great work. You keep posting stuff like this and you may get a permanent house guest come next fall :thumb:

Already told you you guys were welcome :p You should swing over for a dinner at least. Still working on getting you some good info on the haul road but it was rough yr almost everyone I know struck out :( this year

pwa

Last edited:
Looks awesome bother! Did you use the pan for the cook? :wink: The color on that pulled pork is great! :thumb:

Cheers

• Thanks
Butt looks fantastic.

Care to share any details with your hot and fast cook?

• Thanks
Looks awesome bother! Did you use the pan for the cook? :wink: The color on that pulled pork is great! :thumb:

Cheers
Yep put pork in pan at 160F IT and covered with tinfoil use the rack to keep pork out of juice to keep bark nice and firm. Then poured juice on top of pulled pork and mixed it up.

and Thanks!!

Butt looks fantastic.

Care to share any details with your hot and fast cook?

Sure cooked it on my UDS had temp between 325-350 placed on rack till internal was ~160F(about 3 hrs) then placed in tinfoil pan with a rack to keep bark firm, covered with tinfoil. Pulled off at 195F IT capped off UDS to bring temp down to 225( haven't learned to cook appetizers at higher heat yet) check tenderness with fork, needed some more time so back to smoker for another 1.5hr till butter tender. Should have checked it before pulling off heat(dumb mistake). Needed ~1/2 hr on high heat to finish off. Once pulled off rested for 1hr in cooler wrapped in towels then pulled. total time on high heat was 5 1/2 hrs another 1 1/2hr on low heat. Once again the extra time was due to me not checking pork till after I brought it in house and cooled UDS down. Won't make that mistake again.

Hope my rambling helps and this was my first time trying Hot and Fast pork butt. So take it for what its worth.

pwa

Already told you you guys were welcome :p You should swing over for a dinner at least. Still working on getting you some good info on the haul road but it was rough on almost everyone I know :( this year

pwa

Oh, I know and I look forward to it.

• Thanks
Looks like you did a great job. I love the color of the bark on the butt and the rest looks good too.

• Thanks
Back