• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weatherproofing the Auber

snakyjake

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Seeking some photos of how you weatherproofed your Auber temperature controller for a BGE (or similar)...

I'm thinking that if the probe and fan wire is long enough, I can keep the Auber controller sheltered in the garage while the smoker is in the driveway. But the fan would be exposed to all the elements, and that is a problem.

Solutions?

...or I might just go with the IQue110 as there's good ideas to weatherproofing. But I thought I'd give the Auber a chance of some weatherproofing ideas.

Jake

I built this for my guru a few years back... It wasn't much to make and gets the job done.^^^^this is were I got the idea
20130214_222220.jpg

20130214_222231.jpg

20130214_222305.jpg

20130214_222314.jpg

You need to check no. of wire of your probe.
Best is 4 wires, but never seen in BBQ controller.
Better is 3 wires.
Most common is 2 wires. There is no compensation in 2 wires. If the wire is too long, you data may be wrong.

plastic bag works fine on the controller but not the fan. It can get sucked into the intake.

All I did was get a 5 gallon bucket, turned it upside down and cut a hole in it where the blower will fit, then cut another hole in the opposite side of the bucket for an air intake.

Slide the bucket over the blower

thats it

my blower is close to the ground, so the bucket just sits on the ground next to it. If yours is higher you would have to put it on a little table or something or use some other sutible container

Back