A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker & Smoked Gouda

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[ame]http://youtu.be/KRdBpDjIcoE[/ame]

I picked up the A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker to use on several projects where I prefer cold smoke. I decided to try it out first on cheese.

This cold smoke solution is a great one for most things, and the Tube Smoker can also be used to create smoke in your charcoal or gas grills. This particular model might be a little challenging for cheese since it generates an amount of heat that would create problems unless you are careful with your setup. This video shows the Tube Smoker and how I set it up in my Weber Kettle to cold smoke 6.5 pounds of Gouda...

Nice review, John! I've been looking for a way to cold smoke without having to build a whole 'nother smoking vessel. This could be used right on my Keg. Very cool! Thanks! :thumb:

Thanks a ton for this and all your other video reviews! I just got the A-MAZE-N pellet smoker (5x8) and have yet to give it a go, but I think cheese is definitely going to be my first victim when I get a chance. I also recently got a Char-Griller Akorn which was largely the result of your reviews on that unit. If you aren't already a salesman, you should be!

Thanks a ton for this and all your other video reviews! I just got the A-MAZE-N pellet smoker (5x8) and have yet to give it a go, but I think cheese is definitely going to be my first victim when I get a chance. I also recently got a Char-Griller Akorn which was largely the result of your reviews on that unit. If you aren't already a salesman, you should be!

I think the 5x8 version would work better for cold smoking cheese than the tube version does. I think it will generate a little less heat. I think you made a good choice :)

Back