Wrap brisket?

ATLSean

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does everyone wrap brisket? If you do, do you add beef stock when foiling, or just wrap? I'm cooking my first brisket next weekend, just wanted some advice. I'm using a BWS.

I don't always wrap, in fact, my last brisket cook, I didn't wrap at all.

But, when I do wrap, I use butcher paper, and I will spray a little jus or apple juice onto the meat, then wrap, seal, and back onto the cooker.

I wrap when the color is just a tad lighter than what I want to finish with, my cooks are generally done with little regard to the stall, other than for timing. What I mean by that, is that since I am cooking around 280F to 300F, I ignore the stall. I figure on a total 8 hour cook time, and work with that. The wrapping is more about color and keeping a little bit of moist environment around the meat.

I use Butcher paper and wrap at 4 hrs it stays wrapped until it is me to eat. I you use foil I would not bother to add anything with the meat it gives up it own juices.

Sounds great, guys. Thanks for the advice. I will experiment and see what happens. I'll try to post some pr0n when I make a run at it! Thanks again.

Back