Rate my Butt!! PRoN!!!!!

Neat looking basket. Are those holes in the diffuser? Seems like it would work pretty well and the fat would still drip onto the fire. Nice butts too!

can you show me one pulled?
Unfortunately I didn't take pics, too busy getting them pulled and was running late for work. But, without tooting my horn too loudly, they looked awesome! Perfect smoke ring and very juicy.

***Neat looking basket. Are those holes in the diffuser? Seems like it would work pretty well and the fat would still drip onto the fire. Nice butts too!***

***How did the basket rig work?***

The basket worked great. I plan on building another just like it for my other UDS. I'm definitely a big fan of the diffuser, it may use slightly more fuel and take longer to get to temp, but the butts came off the grate clean and there was very little waste, even cooking around 270* and it kept the coal cleaner.

I bought the diffuser pan at Walmart, and then put holes every 2 inches across and divided into 8 sections. I used about a 1/4" bit.

Thanks!

Last edited:
about how much lump coal do you put in there, and about how long of a burn do you get out of it? thanks for the advice!

about how much lump coal do you put in there, and about how long of a burn do you get out of it? thanks for the advice!

I filled the basket and added 3 fist sized chunks of hickory on top. It wasn't quite to the brim, but I'm guessing about 10 lbs. I got 12 hours of cook, and that basket would probably go 16-18 hours.

Back