Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Peak City Pig Fest, Apex, NC June 22-23, 2012

smoke-n-my-i's

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know a few other Brethren that are signed up, but figured I would go ahead and post any way.

So, who all besides myself are coming????

www.peakcitypigfest.com will be here before we know it.

There are a LOT of locals signed up that I have never heard of.... I figure they are local food vendors, eateries, etc hoping to get their name out more. And the people's choice as a "popularity" contest.

Here is a list that I received that are signed up.

Up In $moke​
Smoke-N-My-I’s Competition BBQ​
Tarheel BBQ​
Chillin’ The Most BBQ Party Team​
Carolina Young Guns​
Lucky Dog​
Prime Barbecue​
Red Eye Barbecue​
Rollin’ Smoke​
Smokin Skullies​
All Fired Up and Kicking Ash​
Rub Da Ribs​
Stoke & Smoke​
Apex BBQ​
Redneck Scientific​
The Kings of Q​
T-N-T BBQ​
RBQ​
Still Smokin​
Hot Roscoe and the Q-Review​
Pelletheads.com​
Single Barrel BBQ​
Bart’s Old North State​
Armed & Hammered BBQ​
Pig Whistle​
Swamp Loggers​
Tarheel Smokers​
Two Dudes and a Smoker​
Fair Oaks​
Pharm-A-Cue​

I will be there as head Cook of Pelletheads.com team along with Art "Over" Dunn on Brisket and Billy "BMerrill" on Pork!

I'll be there judging. I'll look you up after the contest. Good luck!

You probably got either my wife's spot or mine... we had originally signed up to table captain, but then decided to cook.... our names for some reason never got taken off the judges list, until I/we got our email confirmation a few weeks ago....

come on by, will be great to finally get to meet you.

I will be there as head Cook of Pelletheads.com team along with Art "Over" Dunn on Brisket and Billy "BMerrill" on Pork!

It is always good to put a face with a name....

I plan on having my Brethren sign hanging somewhere... come on by and say hi...

Will surly do..I am coming in Thursday, so is OD...I am on a quest for some good fried chicken in the Southeast, have yet to find it, but only been here 3 days! I need to zero in on some Thursday evening. Will have plenty of time to mingle with those that would like on Friday!

I'm planning on getting there abt 10am+- on Friday. That will give me time to set up before we eat lunch.... then all I will need to do is get meat inspection, do a little prep work, and just chill out....

As far as good fried chicken, mmmmm good luck. I haven't found any REAL good yet myself.... most of it I think is preseasoned, battered anymore....

Will surly do..I am coming in Thursday, so is OD...I am on a quest for some good fried chicken in the Southeast, have yet to find it, but only been here 3 days! I need to zero in on some Thursday evening. Will have plenty of time to mingle with those that would like on Friday!

If you have the chance, check out a Smithfield's Chicken & Barbecue ANYWHERE around the area for their fried chicken. Their chicken is right good for a chain (and their barbecue is pretty good example of Eastern NC style barbecue).

Will be teamed up cooking as "The Carolina Young Guns!!" Can't wait for this one...hope it aint too hot!!

Will be teamed up cooking as "The Carolina Young Guns!!" Can't wait for this one...hope it aint too hot!!

I have a feeling it will be WARM..... should be great event.... can't wait. This will be my first event to cook on my own again in almost 2 yrs.... should be interesting on how I do....I am ready :boxing: bring them on... LOL

Hey guys! - I'll be in on this one as well.

We are signed up as Rollin' Smoke but noticed there are a few KCBS teams with that name so we have changed our name so as not to cause any problems. Our new team name is Dancing Moose Barbeque. Don't ask, lol. This will be our team first competition so we're just hoping for a good showing. It will be great to meet you guys.

Also I'm looking at ordering some of the disposable cutting boards. I know shipping is crazy on 1 pack of 30 but becomes reasonable when ordering multiple packs. Would any of you guys be interested in getting a pack? I'll bring the pack by Friday morning.

Where were you planning on ordering them from? I found these cheaper, but the package lot is larger....
http://www.cutandtoss.com/pricing.htm

I had thought of those, but I buy the thin plastic ones, use them a few times and toss.... line a large pan with foil, toss in a couple of the cutting mats, and use... clean up is a breeze.

I was going to get them from Smoky Mountain Smokers. They are $21.50 + shipping for a 30 pack. The ones from cut&toss are $88.75 for 100.

I can get 90 from SMS for $89.50 and that includes shipping. The 100 from cut&toss are $122 when you include the shipping.

Really looking forward to it! I gave up on thighs and will just go the Breasteses route...Might as well roll the dice as to turn in average loser stuff anyway!

Hope to wow then in the anything butt catagory anyway...Did I mention I hate chicken and it is from the Devil?

Man I'm with you on the chicken. This is our first comp and so our first go at thighs but what a pita! Thought about going with breast but being a rookie I'm just not sure how that would go over.

:clap2: :laugh: :crazy: doing breasts..... after it is all done, come on by and I might let you try some of mine.... I will be cooking extra.

IMG_0004-13.jpg

IMG_0003-16.jpg

IMG_0002-24.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

I have been here all of 8 hours and this is one of, if not the best run Competition I have been at in my 10 years of competing. Water on site with a sink, electricty. Air conditioned heads at the end of my site...Come on Man...Free Ice starting tomorrow, lunch provided tomorrow, breakfast provided Saturday. Huge site, 20 x 40, use to half that in California for more money... Great neighbors, fricken Promoters bending over backwards to make everything perfect...All I can say is I feel sorry for those that did not get in...I ask the promoter if I could pay for my spot for next year today!

ssswwweeeetttttttt..... I am up, got the coffee with me, and fixing to load the coolers... hope to be there in a couple of hours....

We will be roaming through tomorrow morning for a few hours. Not cooking, just looking!!!!!

Back