Did a sauce taste test this weekend....Blues Hog and Big Butz

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Got a big cook coming up and I pushed for the customer to let me use some sauce made by "some guys I know":becky::wink:. They were all for it, so last week I ordered a pint each of:

Big Butz Original
Big Butz Cranberry
Blues Hog Original
Blues Hog Tenessee Red

Also got a pint of Big Butz Hot.....but that one's all mine!!! Haven't cracked it yet.

Made up 3 racks of spare ribs yesterday, sauced all with the 4 varieties, plated seperately and let the family run a taste test.

Also happened to smoke 2 butts and a picnic yesterday as well. Bagged up 4 handfuls of pulled pork and sauced each one with the above and sent it home with the customer for them to tell me what they liked best.

I'm not sure which one they'll pick, but man.........I can bet that the chit'll be good no matter which way they go!!!

Tom, you make a mean sauce. That cranberry is something else!!:thumb:
And I don't know the Blues Hog folks personally, but they must bottle that stuff with farkin MAGIC!!!

Da Brethren gots 'em some FINE SAUCE Y'all!!! If you haven't tried the four I mentioned.....you don't know what you're missin!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

All are awesome and you will hit it with any of those sauces.. BH also has a raspberry chipolte that rocks as well! Dont worry the peppers are not hot...... Trust me IT ROCKS!

I just heard about ther Rasberry Chipotle this weekend. I'll bet that IS good. Sweet Baby Rays also has that same flavor. I bouthg a small bottle of that last weekend and the wife wrinkled her nose at it!!! I was SHOCKED!

I LOVE BH's honey mustard as well.

I like the Blues Hog original. My daughter asked me to use a different sauce on the next slab of ribs. That kinda caught me off guard. Guess that's why there are ump-teen-thousand types of sauces out there.

Haven't had a chance to try Blues Hog yet. Buy if you like a little heat, Big Butz-No Butz is awesome. Just got my first shipment in last week and have been grilling every night since. I got the six jar sampler and like them all. The girlfriend is a big fan of the cranberry, and I have to agree that it's good, but I like a little heat. :mad2:

I love the BH Tennessee Red, always have to have some on hand, but I haven't used my BH original much since the BBz entered the house.

Tom's line up are unique - My favorites continue to be the Cranberry & Hot. We continually sell out. Blues Hog is a perennial favorite - different than anything Tom has at the moment. Well rounded group you have there Wampus!

Enjoy!

I'd like to think that I make a dang good sauce, but honestly it (IMHO) could use a pick-me-up, so I mix in some BH Orig and BH Tenn Red. I'm talking HEAVEN now.

LOVE Blues Hog!!!!

Thanks for all the great compliments.

Wampus, I know your clients will be happy either way they go. BH has some great products.

Oh, I know they will.

I'm actually cooking for 3 families at once. They're all going in together on a big graduation party for their 3 graduates.

The first family picked your original and cranberry. The second picked BH original and BB original. Still waiting to hear from the 3rd.

I snuck a quick taste of yours tonight from the fridge.:becky: Farkin good chit man!!:thumb:

Back