brisket help

juergenssmokehouse

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i am cooking a 16 pound brisket in 2 weeks about how long will that need to cook and any tips would be good

Rub it down with salt and pepper. Throw it on a 275 degree cooker. Maintain temp and don't come back for about 12 hours. Probe it for doneness. When it goes in like butter, which may be another few hours, it's done. Pull it and let it rest for an hour before slicing. Then enjoy your perfection.

I agree with the above, but the timing is dependent on the type of cooker.

Till it's done! :biggrin:

Sorry, I had to. Cook it until it reaches 195* or 200* internal in the flat. I would wrap with foil at around 160* and cook in the foil until it hits your final temp. Separate the flat from the point. Wrap the flat in foil and a a towel and put it into a cooler for an hour at least. While that is resting cube up the point, toss with sauce, and put into a pan and back onto the smoker until the flat is done resting. There's your burnt ends. A 16 pounder will take a pretty long time. At 225*- 250* pit temp it'll probably take over 12 hours for sure.

It always seems different for everyone and every brisket cooks differently. Good luck!

300 to 325 for 6 hours. Hot-n-fast. Check out Aaron Franklin's brisket video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmTzdMHu5KU"]BBQ with Franklin: The Brisket - YouTube[/ame]

Works great.

Back