Food Biz software for idiots???

Bearbonez

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I will just come to the point, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to computers. Any recommendations for user friendly spreadsheets/software and some sort of how to guide would be greatly appreciated. I would like to avoid spending 3 months, if at all possible, trying to figure out how to use the software before I actually get to the brass tacks of inventory, cash flow, food costs, labor, other expenses etc. Haven't had much luck in finding any templates, other than a catering spreadsheet I was able to cut and paste into openoffice calc. So in a nutshell, just for something user friendly for the IT challenged.

Which aspect of the software you are looking for would you consider your highest priority? Food cost? Labor projections? Sales projections?

what exactly are you trying to do with the software? Food cost? Labor projections? Sales projections?

Food costs and sales projections I think would be a good place to cut my teeth and my first priority.

I am gettin one of those fancy IPAD POS deals that takes care of inventory adjustments and food cost when I get ready to start cookin. Right now I am just needin to make a pretty picture frame of what return will look like for the fine folks who are coughin up the cash in this lil venture.

Food costs and sales projections I think would be a good place to cut my teeth and my first priority.

I am gettin one of those fancy IPAD POS deals that takes care of inventory adjustments and food cost when I get ready to start cookin. Right now I am just needin to make a pretty picture frame of what return will look like for the fine folks who are coughin up the cash in this lil venture.

Which iPad POS program do you recommend?

Back