BBQ Catering Startup in Southern, CA. Questions

J

jason.alves

After years of cooking with pops for large church groups and various family/charity events, we recently seriously started looking into the feasibility of "legitimizing our operation and marketing to the masses. I am a full time Government employee and am looking into this as a part time endeavor.

I have a zillion questions and was hoping to pick the brain of some of the Brethren members who are catering on a large scale in the Southern/Central California area.

As I’m fairly new to the Brethren, I would so appreciate it if anyone could offer any advice on as to who they think I could contact to bounce some questions off. Thanks a lot.

Happy Veterans Day.

-Jason

Jason,

First off, welcome to our little part of the WWW.

I do not cater, but would suggest you read through the multitude of posts in this section.
Some may apply directly to you in CA, others may just present questions you need to get answers to.

We have a couple of Brothers that cater in your general area--but it is the weekend and all of that. May take a while till they slow down.

Good Luck with your venture.

TIM

First stop after reading all the posts about catering on this site is to hit the HD and get their rules and regs. Every county is different so before you buy any equipment make sure your county will approve what you are using.

Yep, the health department is your end all be all. People here may have suggestions if you get stuck.

Back