• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pepper Beef Sandwiches

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
While at the grocery store yesterday, a 3.3 lb 7 bone chuck roast caught my eye.

While searching the Brethren archives for a pulled beef recipe that includes beer as an ingredient I found this post: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94382

I didn't have any Guinness and my wife was heading to the store so I asked her to see if she could find a single bottle of stout (I'm not a big stout drinker) and if not pick up some Newcastle Brown Ale (which I do like). She came home with a single Newcastle as the Guinness was "huge".

So instead of Pepper Stout Beef, I made Pepper Ale Beef (sounds weird).

Here's some pics of the process (other than the beef I didn't deviate much from the recipe - except I only used 1 jalapeno pepper as we're wimps with hot peppers).

Chucky was generously seasoned with S&P and smoked over oak on the Large Egg:
IMG_0085.jpg

The green peppers, red onions, garlic, and jalapeno pepper soaking in a pan waiting for the beef:
IMG_3737.jpg

Chucky jumped in and was covered with foil:
IMG_0088_2.jpg

A little over a couple hours later the chucky was pulled and left uncovered:
IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

After another hour or so, the liquids had reduced some and it was looking ready:
IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

We had some extra Kings Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls so they got used (recipe calls for hard bread but these needed to be eaten - quickly I must say before they got too soaked):
IMG_3761.jpg

I topped my second sammy with some cheese:
IMG_3767.jpg

I definitely will be making this again (but I'll try it with stout).

I love that recipe. Did it once down at the BBQ shop, and man was it a hit. Looks like you nailed it, as usual :thumb:.

I've done that recipe too. One of my favorites.

It has been added to my list of favorites too!

I fixed that for you, but it really wasn't nice...

:becky:

Thanks Ronelle! Worst part is I read your edit first and thought, "what did Brauma call me that Ron had to change it to 'stupid'?" :heh: I'm in dire need of a good cup of coffee right now. :doh:

I love that recipe. Did it once down at the BBQ shop, and man was it a hit. Looks like you nailed it, as usual :thumb:.

I wish I was there as I would have added this to my list of favorites & been cooking this earlier!

Hey John
That looks a bit better than the Christmas cookies I'm nibbling on..

I do chuckies a lot
I'll have to try this method, soon.

Good job.
Thanks for sharing

Looks fantastic John!! On my to-do list for sure. :thumb:

Back