Bacon wrapped smokies burnt ends

whitelightnin92

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I've been feeling in a bit of a bbq rut as of late. Pulled pork and ribs are awesome but I miss the wow factor of trying something new. I've seen bacon wrapped smokies on here before so i decided to try them the other night. They turned out really well and were a big hit at a football party we went to. I really liked them but they were still missing something. I decided i wanted to try to sauce them up like burnt ends. First i wrapped the little smokies and seasoned them with simply marvelous season all. Then I smoked them for about 90 mins. When the bacon was crispy i put them in an aluminum pan and covered then with Blues Hog and forgot about them for a little over 2 hours. I didn't take any decenct pics because I wasn't sure how the.would turn out. THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Only thing i would change is maybe seasoning them with some death dust for an extra kick. Sorry for the lame cell phone pic.
vyjy8ype.jpg

looks tasty! Going to try those sometime:thumb:

Simple and great for parties and I like the idea of a little death dust. Needed something new to serve. thanks

Looks good.
The first time I read the title, I missed the 'smokie', and thought you were wrapping bacon around burnt ends.

Hhmm...now that I think about it....

those look great, pic came out good too. The reflection from the pan gives em a kinda halo/heaven sent effect.

I keep forgetting to make some of those.. They look REALLY tasty!

haven't made those in over a year or maybe two. I would say that goes on this weekends list.

Back