lang 60

M

mjancel

i was thinking of putting a order in for a lang 60 deluxe. i am looking for the size mainly to cook pigs and ribs and briskets. anyone have one? or any coupons for a discount. j/k

I have a 60 and think you would be far better spending a few more bucks on the 84 for whole hogs. The 60 gets filled up pretty quick and your looking at a hog under 100 pounds.

I have a 60D also............. if I was you I would go with the 84D and add the Chargrill.............

also for a couple hundred bucks more you can add a baffle from the firebox to the warming box on the delux so you could smoke and cook at higher temps in the warmer if needed. Great for chicken and i even do pizza in it

The chargrill is for what ever you want to grill or finish off the ribs . If your doing a long cook use the chargrill for a ribeye and a cold beer.....

As for discount, give Ben a call. The guy worked with me, and I have had my 60 for quite a while now. Damn good smokers, that make damn good que.

Just my 2 cents, but I was deciding between a Lang and Bubba Grills, and for the price, I like the Bubba Grill that I bought.

thanks i would like to do a 125#

I have a 84 and last month I did a 137lb dressed hog. I would not want to get much larger than that or you might have to alter the upper rack slides so that they are removable so it would fit.

I have a 84 and last month I did a 137lb dressed hog. I would not want to get much larger than that or you might have to alter the upper rack slides so that they are removable so it would fit.

was that cooked nascar style? or butterflyed

Cooked upside down, not butterflied but the ribcage cracked to open it a little. The head was touching the upper rack slide on the firebox side and the hams touching the other upper slide. I cut off the feet at the joint and hock was barely touching each door on the hams.

I guess thinking about it he was pretty much butterflied upside down.

thanks sounds like i will talk to ben and maybe he could make my rack on 4 post attach to the rack so whe removed i have the head room and the ham room. thanks other than that how do you like it? do you just cook for fun?

No I have a catering and concessions business and also do competition. I just got it in January and have cooked on it almost every weekend since. It cooks great I love it. The only issues I have are there are some craftsmans ship (minor) issues but for the money I can't expect too much. I dealt with Tom he is Ben's right hand man and did me good. If ya can't get in touch with Ben ask for Tom.

Back