Been missing and cooking

B

BrooklynQ

So where's all the liberal New Yorker's lately? A gun thread goes without comment?

Me and Matt (Backyardchef) have been cooking out for a private party at a 17 bedroom mansion set atop of a hill with lawns sweeping down to the ocean in the toney Hamptons.

Matt and his lovely wife Amy have been playing (I mean working their asses off) as personal chefs for 35 Yuppies from Thursday to Sunday night.

Me? I got to lend a hand with the Fishers (yes, Matt is married to AMY FISHER) on Friday for a rehearsal dinner for 60. Butt, ribs, chicken, asparagus puffs, double smoked kielbasa, fresh string beans, local corn, heirloom tomatoes, smoked tofu, grilled vegetables, deviled eggs, and I can't remember what else.

All cooked on Matt's new and extremely versatile Meadow Creek cooker - Large Marge. Man, Marge was repeatedly baptised as the skies opened up on Wednesday and stopped on Saturday. All of that incredible food touched by a kiss or drenching of Amaganssett rain.

What a great piece of a cooker Marge is! I was a bit skeptical after using Phil's BYC, but she held her own throughout the ordeal. She performed like a seasoned champ. And Marge seemed a bit more fuel effecient than the BYC. I'd strongly consider purchasing one of these.

Thanks Matt for the opportunity to cook with you, be your pitt-bitch, media whore, house guest and thunder stealer. It was a great honor cooking with you this weekend. I can't wait to do it again!

Hob knobbing, and bragging about it. Does it get any worse. Congrats on successful cook.

Wow, Brooklyn, sounds like real tough duty. Glad you were willing to sacrifice so one of us would not have to do it:-D

Sounds like a blast. That Large Marge cooker sure looks impressive, and sounds impressive to.

Showing my lack of urban sophistication maybe, but who is AMY FISHER?

qman said:
Wow, Brooklyn, sounds like real tough duty. Glad you were willing to sacrifice so one of us would not have to do it:-D

Sounds like a blast. That Large Marge cooker sure looks impressive, and sounds impressive to.

Showing my lack of urban sophistication maybe, but who is AMY FISHER?

Wasn't she the 16 year old that shot Mary Joe Buttafuco ? You know Joeys wife ?

Yup, you don't want to piss off Amy!

BQ-- Thanks for all your help and the laughs-- I needed both. Sorry for that huge hole that I pissed in the yup's lawn.

Still drowsy and have to get to my "real" job....fark. Because of the rain, not many pics of Marge in action....but here's just a few from the week.

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

DSC03497.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

Thanks Matt;

Nice rig, again. Nice looking food too. Cool neighorhood .
Sorry for my ignorance about your lady. I remember the Amy Fisher story now, just did not connect the dots.
Say Hi to her for me.

BrooklynQ said:
Hey - I missed the steak!

Spice rubbed shell steaks with grilled scallions and a pat of butter:wink:

This was our 'reward' to ourselves for the end of the gig. We were barely conscious at that point....kind of like how I am now....:icon_sleepy

Brook, we love to take advantage of your absence, and Matt, I'm surprised you let that baby get wet! She sure is pretty...

Back