• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Humpday Tri-tip

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was the lucky winner of last month's drawing for free rub from Ted & Barney and it looked liked a mighty fine rub for tri-tip. Just finished a stretch of three 12-hour night shifts and what was most of y'all's humpday was the beginning of my "weekend". Cooked it on the Egg with a reverse sear with some potatoes & asparagus on the side. A Centennial IPA and a All Day IPA (both from Founders which is now available in Texas) helped in keeping the cooks properly hydrated. Thank you Ted & Barney for your really tasty rub!

Y'all can win a free bottle. Just give a howdy to T&B: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146773&page=12

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 369
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 366
Beautiful tri tip, it looks perfect!! :grin:

Meat looks good!

What's the orange stuff north of the potatos?

Thank you for the review frognot I just found it that looks great!

Really nice looking tri-tip there! Hang on a minute. Those things aren't supposed to leave California!
Just joking! Very nice.

Thank you for the review frognot I just found it that looks great!

Thought i posted a link in y'all's giveaway thread but apparently didn't. So how about a month late bump?

Really nice looking tri-tip there! Hang on a minute. Those things aren't supposed to leave California!
Just joking! Very nice.

Marty, Texans have been cutting up cows for a long time but i figure we finally figured out what that particular cut is. Used to never find tri-tips & now they're pretty common in my area.
Got one from Sprouts this week and it had a fat cap on it; first time seeing it like that. Sure cooked up nicely last night.

Back