• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Tackled my first UDS!!!

Jayblefty

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just finished up my first UDS build! It's dented, choppy and Ugly as Chit but the lid fits tight and everything sealed up well!!! Mostly used what I could find laying around, borrowed some tools and LUCKED OUT on a charcoal basket (HVAC buddy of mine had his metal guy slap one together for me, I owe him a meal!) total to get it done was $80 and some change, best part is that total includes a bag of lump charcoal and 10 lb BB ribs for the first smoke!!! Pictures to come soon. Thank you all for the assistance and motivation, there's no way I could have done it without the Brethren:)

Broke a handle but the other one is still intact. Nothing some Duck Tape cant fix!

Ball Valve Intake on one end...

And on the other side I used a bit of improvising to give me an adjustable intake!

Only has a single rack for now but I will probably add another later. Pick up my charcoal basket tomorrow and I will smoke some ribs for supper! Seasoned it with some olive wood and KBB in my chimney already so it is good to go!!!

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the grub that comes off of that! :hungry:

That thing looks like mine.......I like It.

null_zpsf3e754d7.jpg

That's some Quality Craftsmabship SmittyJonz!!! I like your style!

nice looking drum there.....you gonna paint it, or let it be nekkid?

I plan on letting my Wife make it as Pretty as she wants! NO CLEVELAND BROWNS LOGO Was my only rule!!!

And theres the basket. Just needs a handle and it is good to go!!! Hopefully it will be blowing smoke in the next couple days!!!

Back